Monday 21 July 2008

No PIX

There were a decent amount of pix that I wanted to put up today but Blogger won't let me. Boo
We did have great weekend though, still feeling really annoyed about the neighbours letter about the noise and it is really affecting my mood with the children, they just have to make noise and I snap but I don't know what to do about it. Everyone who has heard about it has said I shouldn't worry too much but I can't stop.
Saturday Hubby took the kids to Daddy and Me, a toddler group at church for a couple of hours which was good as I managed to get the bathrooms cleaned and the ironing done, woo hoo I know. Sunday was church and then a birthday party for Bubbs in the afternoon. The party was great but poor Bubbs feel over in church and has a massive egg on the side of his heard then cracked his head whilst asleep and gave himself a nose bleed which was just horrid. Got to take him for his pre school booster as well on weds so that should be fun!
Gosh sorry for the whinge but as you all know this is a sort of therapy for me and if I can't do it here where can I do it.

One big thing we did do this weekend was book to go to see our great friends in Guernsey for Christmas week...I know, how amazing is that. We always spend Christmas with my mum, dad, sis and BiL so this was a real hard decision to make and I really hope we haven't hurt anyone but we really wanted to do this especially for the kids they will have such a great time with each other.
Hope I can post the pix tomorrow as they are REALLY cute
xx

10 comments:

Anne Elizabeth said...

I hope you can get the pictures up tomorrow. Try uploading them one at a time. I know that is a pain, but sometimes that is the only way I can get blogger to work. Did your neighbor's send a letter to you? I must have missed something. That trip to Guernsey sounds like so much fun! I can't believe how quickly christmas is approaching.

Rachel's Journal Pages said...

It strikes me as incredibly weird that your neighbours have so much say over what you and your kids do in your own backyard. I don't know the whole story and how it's affected your life - but I just can't belive that people would have a problem with the noise of kids playing!! I feel for you guys - it's not right that your kids can't play, squeal, run, laugh outside in their backyard just because of some people's dislike of happy sounds...

Anonymous said...

Ah, Vix, I am sorry to see you are having some anxiety over a letter from the neighbors.
I know just how you feel. Living in an apartment for 4 years (and that isn't the only one we've lived in in our marriage), I went through such tremendous stress trying to keep my babies quiet.
Thankfully we didn't have any children when we lived in England--we lived in a row house and I could hear our neighbors using the loo and making coffee in the mornings. Hubby and I would have quite the row at times and I would be so embarassed to see my neighbors after that.

You are a good mum, so hang in there!

And poor Bubbs---is he feeling better?

Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

that is too bad about the neighbors...it just makes you plain paranoid, right? BUT kids need to be kids also and every little noise shouldn't offend your neighbors and if it does, it just seems plain ridiculous. is it outside noise or inside noise that they are complaining about? i thought it was outside noise...and you don't even know which neighbors, right?

just keep being a good mom and you'll figure out the balance! :-) keep your chin up.

Rachel said...

So where in the UK are you? Sending warm weather vibes your way!

Ris said...

Where is Guernsey? I think it's great that you're taking the kids somewhere new! Hoepfully your family will be sweet about it. We have one who always makes a fuss about everything. It's so frustrating. (I'm over it, but she always makes my 80 yr old grandmother feel bad, and no one should have the right to do that!) That's another post. LOL

POOR BUBBS! Aww!! I bet you were more upset than he was. Poor baby.

I hope blogger will let you upload pics! I love seeing them!

Living the Dream said...

Oh Vicki, you never told me about the letter, was it from attached neighbour? How sad is that?? Don't worry about Guernsey, just go and have a wonderful Christmas. I love you. See you soon.

stacey said...

Neighbors like that are the WORST!!!!
We use to live next to a lady that worked 3rd shift(11pm-7am) as a nurse. So she took a nap from 5-9 . . . and was ALWAYS complaining that Josh was to loud????

THANK GOD we eventually moved~ I can definitely relate to your anxiety you must feel!

Vixbil said...

Thank you all so much for your words, they are very encouraging. Kids currently all being rather noisy in the garden but hey it is 0915!!
xx

Grace Acres said...

awww poor bubs.