Saturday 12 July 2008

Ta Daaaaa!

So here are the long awaited photos, I am afraid there are no befores apart from what you previously see on my blog, it was the 'classic' Magnolia and is now Harbour, which is kind of a blue hinted white. I have finally managed to get out the 123 and ABC posters up which I have had in the cupboard for about year and on the left is a Lions head and Elmer Elephant that Bubbs has done which I have also framed. The below picture is as you go into the conservatory from our living room (conservatories for anyone that doesn't know is a kind of glass room that is usually added to the back of houses to give you more room, hubby says like a 'sunroom'??) This is the left hand side view anyway where we eat, before the walls were covered with sticky hand prints and more and every time I wiped it away I wiped a bit more paint off with it...this new paint is industrial strength and completely wipeable. Yippee This next photo is on the right hand side, we always had these drawers (courtesy of Ikea) but I have pared down the toys rather a lot and given it a good tidy. Again, I was able to get my world map poster out so we can point out where everyone we know lives......
This pic is of my wonderful BIG clock which everyone makes fun of but I love. My sister bought it for me for Christmas and I am soooo excited about it as I can see the time from out in the garden which is so good as I don't really wear a watch. This view is from the doors that lead out to the garden and the doors you see are the ones that go back into the living room they are normally always open, not sure why they are shut.
Anyway, I LOVE my new room it feels so US, which is great and has been so exciting making it ours and we have to make room for Mabel coming on the 27th. xx

3 comments:

Anne Elizabeth said...

It looks amazing! I would love to have a room like that:)

Joy said...

Your husband is American, right? I couldn't remember if that was you or someone else! Yes, we call those sunrooms or 4-Season Rooms.

BEAUTIFUL! Very very beautiful! I love the IKEA storage you have!

Living the Dream said...

Vicki it looks amazing. Well done. Yours at last :-)
Moomin