Monday 11 August 2008

Fun Weekend

Don't seem to have posted for ages, I babysat for a friend on Friday evening and read blogs all night, it was great to catch up on them with no pressure of having to hand over the computer to Hubby.

We had a great weekend, Hubby worked on Saturday morning which was a bummer but we just hung out till he got home then I got to do the lovely grocery store run. I took Bubbs with me and he was fantastic and made it much more bearable. We had our friends J and P over for dinner and Guitar Hero later which was so much fun. I haven't played for ages and each time I do I am so glad we didn't sell the PS2.
Sunday was church, throughout the summer there isn't a baby creche so Hubby and I are taking it in turns to go. It was my turn this week and I was in the children's activities so didn't actually get to go to the service but did see some really cute kids engaged in a Friends and Heroes DVD. We spent afternoon at home with our friend M and his children as J was working. We even went swimming taking all the kids with us and they had a blast, they loved it and man did they sleep well last night.

Today I caught up on laundry, 3 loads and counting. I did ironing this evening and I am currently trying to download a cute bit of video that I caught just before bed.
Oh, one thing I did do today was empty the sandpit because if you can believe it I found MAGGOTS in there. The children are gutted as they love it and it puts an end to them not digging in my flower bed!!

5 comments:

Anne Elizabeth said...

Maggots... how gross. I guess that is a downside to having a sand pit. I had a pretty boring weekend. Robbie and I did watch Dial M for Murder on Saturday evening. That was fun. The kids were super fussy this weekend and Buddy keeps getting into the forbidden zone of our house aka the upstairs.

Anonymous said...

Ughhhhhh....maggots! I have to wash out my trash bin almost every week--I've never seen so many maggots in my life. I hate bugs.

You sure do stay busy! I need to iron too, but I haven't mustered up the desire to do it.

Joy said...

Eewwwwwwwww on the maggots!!! Can you just imagine your child playing and digging them up? Now I don't think I want a sandbox!

Ris said...

AHH! Maggots! I found some gnat maggots in the pantry because I forgot about some potatoes and they went bad. Will never forget again. YUCK!

Good for you getting your laundry done! Mine is done, but I have several loads to fold. The brutal part. Ug!

Rachel's Journal Pages said...

Always so busy, busy, busy. Life is certainly never dull with lots of little kids!
Maggots - how strange - I have never heard of that happening in a sandpit before - how on earth did you even notice them?
Will your kids ever forgive you for tipping out their sand?... :)