Sunday 17 August 2008

Happy 90th Birthday Grandpa Nee Naa!!

This saturday was my grampies 90th birthday, we spent the afternoon at their house for a bit of a tea party....here he is cutting his cake with Bubbs hanging around underneath waiting for a piece! Below, is a picture of Grampie with all his great grandchildren, how amazing is that!
Here is R my cousins wife having fun with my girlies and some of the other many children there with bubbles....don't kids just love them!
We were supposed to arrive at about 330pm and left in plenty of time but a trip that should take 1.5hrs took us 3 hours.....the kids were not that happy, poor Bubbs wet himself after trying so hard not to so we had to hang his trousers out the car window to dry. Both girlies are teething really badly with top eye teeth and their last back molars. Plus, we thought we would take Mabel out on her first trip!!!!! You can imagine the mood in the car...
Once there though it was so worth it. We had a great time and I think the birthday boy did too. The only bummer, well 2 actually was that my mum couldn't go because she was laid up in bed, literally, with a horrible sore throat and chest, and my sister was in Paris for the weekend, but her hubby made it and he had found an old reel of film that contained video footage of my dads parents wedding day (over 80 years old) which was incredible and made dad well up as they have both been gone for a long time now.
~Such a fab time was had
xx

3 comments:

stacey said...

Your Grandpa' is SO cute!I hope he had a great birthday! I am sure Mabel was a hit at the party.

Teething is the worst~ I hope your girls are feeling better soon:)

Ris said...

Grampie is SOOOO CUTE! Ohhh I miss mine! The pic with the great grandchildren is so great!

netfandu said...

this is really nice blog . visit also my blog
www.netfandu.blogspot.com