Monday 3 November 2008

Another week or two has gone by!!

Oh my goodness I had no idea I hadn't blogged for so long. I have been reading and not keeping track of my own blog.

Last week was half term here so I had all the children at home for the week which I was originally dreading, as the weather was supposed to be raining hard all week which does limit us on what we can do. On the Friday before I get a phone call from M&D telling me they were coming home for a week or so as they had a funeral to attend. So although, it was SO wonderful to see them it was under a dark cloud. We didn't tell the children they were coming and so they woke up on Sat morning to Nannie and Bampie in the house.....can you imagine the excitement.

Hubby spent Sat at Wembley stadium at the tail gate party and then watching the Big Game, New Orleans Saints and the San Diego Chargers....for those who don't know they are American football teams. He was probably as excited as the kids were.

The rest of half term went by smoothly with Nannie and Bampie and on Friday we went with our friends to an Aquarium in Brighton. The weather was sooo lovely that we were able to have fish and chips on the sea front on Halloween. All the children loved the fish and turtles and J and I had an awesome day. Definitely a good end to the holidays for all of us.

The weekend for Hubby and I was really special. Our anniversary was on Sunday (12 years) and as a treat we went to a matinee of Sound of Music in the West End then had a lovely meal SOS a great restaurant. This was such a treat and so wonderful, we left the house at 12 and didn't get back till the evening. We spent time together, we didn't talk about the children that much and just really had a great time enjoying ourselves. This is such a treat and I have to thank my mum, sis and friend V for looking after our children and enabling us to do this. Bubbs went to Vs and had toasted marshmallows and a sleepover which he really enjoyed and the girlies had a lovely time with mum and sis. On Sunday we had V and her family over for lunch and the afternoon as a thank you and the weather was kind again so we all went out for a walk with Mabel afterwards.

Wow what a catch up. I also had my second Moore College lesson and it is sooo fantastic.
xx

2 comments:

Ris said...

How cool that you got a date! I am jealous! That sounds like so much fun, and we all need that from time to time.

stacey said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! Sounds like a nice time:)

I have had a hard time posting lately too~ I wish I could blog more but I have just been so busy lately?!