Thursday 18 December 2008

Getting ready for Christmas!

Well, I am supposed to wrapping presents the same as I was supposed to be wrapping them last night but so far I have done none.

I have Nigella Christmas Kitchen on in the background, a glass of rose, Hubby is out and I am blogging. Just felt I had to come back. I have been reading loads and commenting too and didn't realise how much fun it is to do.

We are off to spend Christmas with our friends in Guernsey, we fly out on Monday and return on Saturday. I will take loads of pix so that Papaw and Granma can see them in the US. I am soooo looking forward to it, it is going to be a great holiday and the children are so excited I can't believe it. Bubbs finishes school tomorrow after morning mass and we have got a massively busy weekend before we go but all fun stuff.

On Sat morning we are getting up early and the children and I are going up to see my sister for a couple of hours as they are going away for New Year the same day we arrive home. This will be the first Christmas we have not spent together since we moved back to the UK, the same goes for my parents so it will be strange for us all. Sometimes though, as a family with young children you do have to do something for them don't you? I also have to drop Mabel off at my nans for my mum and dad to look after whilst we are away and be back home by 1pm. (she lives 1.5hours away on a good day) Bubbs is getting a haircut at 130 and the girlies and I are going to Harrys 2nd birthday party which Hubby and Bubbs will meet us at. Luckily we are not doing anything in the evening so I might be able to get some packing done.

Sunday is just as busy, I am in the children's group at church in the morning and then we are going some other friends in the afternoon which will be lovely as haven't got together with them for a while. Hubby gets to put the children to bed tonight as I am doing a reading in our Candlelight Christmas service which I am really excited about as it is my most fav service of the year and I am reading Luke 2 1-7 which is lovely.

So much to do and so little time as is always the way.

I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL Christmas and see you in the New Year
xxxx

5 comments:

apple tree quilter said...

Christmas without the kids and grandchildren, HMMMMM, not my favorite thing, but it happens more often than not with Robbin and Hannah in California. Your Mom and Dad will NOT have a great day, believe me. Quiet is not a good description of a Christmas Day. But I do hope you have a wonderful holiday. Be sure to include pix in your blog when you return. Merry Christmas and Happy New Years. Please give Bill and the children loads of hugs and kisses. Love, Sharlene

Clare said...

All the little ones pressies are wrapped and ready to go...I bet they will have a blast!! Enjoy yourselves and RELAX (at least a little at some point). Can't believe we won't see each other for about 2 weeks - but we can't wait to go away either!
Take Care
C
xx

Anonymous said...

How do you do it, Wonder Woman?? I hope you all have a fabulous time! And best of luck on getting packed!
xxoo

David said...

Have a great time, a fabulous Christmas, and some quality/quantity time with your family!

Warmest,

David

Joy said...

I agree with Julie's comment! YOU GO GIRL!