Sunday 8 February 2009

Rockets, trains, buses and Lions

Firstly can I say a good real life friend of mine has just started a blog, please visit her she'd love it. All in a Tiz

Well, after my whinge the other day about how boring my weekend was going to be this is how it went.........

Trafalgar Square, Bubbs, Toby and his daddy
Blurry sorry but cute pic while waiting for bus
My gorgeous friend Jen with girlies and Harry at fountains in Trafalgar

Light 'thing' at the Science Museum

The cute boys having the time of their lives on the Trafalgar Lions
My 3k was cancelled and Hubby went to the Men's Breakfast at church even though he felt decidedly dodgy but was so glad he did. Henry Olonga, the cricketer, was the speaker who was amazing, uplifting, has a singing voice to lift the roof which meant he came back full but not from breakfast. While this was going on my friend Jen called to wish me luck in the run and when she heard it was cancelled asked me to go to London with them. What a great day. We were blessed with the travel, the children adored the train and then we went on a bus through London which is such a great way to see it. Once at the Science Museum we went through the Space section then spent the rest of the day in the Basement which is where we had our packed lunch and then played in the interactive section for 3-6 year olds. It was so much fun for the adults as well as the kids. Doing this meant Hubby got to spend the day relaxed as he had to work today.
Even though Jen and I were pooped after an exhausting day we got to go out last night to a girls night in to watch Mama Mia (singalong of course) and mexican food. We had a blast and sang our hearts out luckily not waking the baby in the house. What a fab day, thank you friends.
Today was a different story. Church this morning, great sermon Giles thank you and I actually got to hear it today as all my children were in their groups and I was left by myself. Once home after hanging out at church for as long as was possible I came home to the longest day for a long time. The children were fine till the afternoon. I tried to walk the dog but got bogged down in the mud with the pushchair. It just dragged on as I am sure it did with Hubby. At least we are here now.
Gonna go now and hang out with Hubby
xx





4 comments:

Living the Dream said...

Looks as though you had a fab day. I love you.

Rach said...

Looks like great day was had by all.
Rach xx

Solon said...

cool entry vic :) xo

Unknown said...

I love the picture of the gang at the bus stop :) Too cute! My girls love the buses and trains so much.

Sounded like a great by tiring weekend!