Sunday 29 November 2009

Thanksgiving and all its loveliness!!

I am just laying about having cooked and fed 12 people today!! Oh and done the ironing..

I made Thanksgiving lunch for my lovely American Hubby who even though we have lived here since 1999 still misses home so I thought a bit of traditional US fayre would be nice for him..He does so much for us that it is the least I can do.

We had turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, gravy and sausage and sage and onion stuffing balls. For dessert we had pumpkin pie, pecan pie, whipped cream and ice cream....now I think that should be what all my fellow americans had too.

I have never made pecan pie and oh my goodness I will be making it again it is soooo yummy. I had a nightmare trying to find canned pumpkin too, but eventually 2 friends of mine showed up with 2 a piece so I now have enough for next year too. We all had a wonderful day everyone ate well, including the children eventually. I love that my children like pumpkin pie as it is something that just doesn't exist over here and our friends children liked it too, yippee.

That is all for now. Hubby away tomorrow night so by myself with the kids as long as I get them in bed on time we should be fine. I do have to take Bubbs to the doctors tomorrow though as he has a horrid rash on his face, I think it is a reaction to something but really not sure what, bless him he looks like he has a terrible case of acne!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

My kids love pumpkin pie, too! Weirdos :P

But me, I love, love, love pecan pie. Yum!

Good for you for preparing that feast, your husband must have been in heaven.

apple tree quilter said...

You are hereby certified as a "True American Thanksgiving Chef". Hurrah for you! You are definitely a dear for taking care to include Bill's holidays with your own.

If you ever need something special from here, just ask and I'll send it to you. Now, if you lived in Germany, I could ask for my missed things, too.
Hope Bubbs isn't allergic to pumpkin or pecans. That would really be a shame!

Sadia said...

If we ever moved back the UK, I think we'd keep up Thanksgiving. The food really is quite lovely, and I like the idea of reserving a day for gratitude.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Vixbil said...

Huckdoll,I was so impressed with MY pecan pie and I love it....
Apple Tree quilter..I may be able to get German stuff for you, what do you miss??
Sadia, Happy Thanksgiving to you too sweets
xxx

Angela Nazworth said...

Sounds sooo yummy.