Wednesday 5 May 2010

Where to start....bad news always first I think.
My dad has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. They came home for 2 weeks about 24th March and have yet to go home. They are going back to France next week for a month to pack up the house get some more belongings so they can come back here mid June for an MRI and gameplan with the consultants. On a good note, he also had to have a CT scan on his kidney but has been given the all clear on that today which is a real blessing. Please keep them in your prayers as there is nothing else I feel I can do except pray.

The rest of us are fine, the girls have the most rotten noses full of gunk and are just quite grumpy at the minute. We have had some amazing weather recently but it has turned really cold again and I don't think that is helping. They are being amazingly cute at times though, I love to just listen to them playing together and with Bubbs and they give the BEST cuddles.

Bubbs is doing well, he is getting on much better in school and has had a couple of football (soccer) lessons on a Saturday morning now which he seems to be enjoying. I am not thrilled about this but he is enjoying it so we'll see how it goes. My feeling is the he is very young and has his whole life ahead of him to fill up with STUFF and he is doing so much better at school since we have stopped doing anything after school and I just don't want to go through the tiredness again. I have noticed he is getting more grumpy already and am not sure whether it is this or the stuff with my dad. We have been careful not to go on about it too much while the kids are around but they are still going to know there is something going on and as I found out the hard way last summer with my depression he is one sensitive little boy.

Bill is doing well. He is without a bike apart from my old one which he uses for his commute at the minute so can be very grumpy on the weekends for this reason only. The trouble is even fixing bikes costs money which we just don't have.

I'm doing good. I am keeping on top of my depression which I am really pleased about. I can feel how easy it would be to slide but am turning to my faith to help prevent this happening. I also get to catch up with my therapist quite often in church which is an enormous help, just her asking after me seems to keep me grounded. (sounds silly I know).
Lots of other stuff has been going on, I was asked to be on the interview board as a governor for the Deputy Headship at Bubbs school. What an honour. It was a very long and gruelling day but amazing and a unanimous decision was made on one candidate who then accepted straight away. He gave me shivers and I nearly cried on the presentation he gave to us on inclusion in our school. He was bang on the money and is going to be such a great asset to our school. Yeah.
I've been going to Curves 3 times a week, sometimes 4 when I can and LOVING it. I have now lost a stone (14lbs) so only another stone left to go!!!!

Anyhoo, that is the small catch up I am sure there is loads more to say as I hadn't blogged for ages but the news about my dad seems to have put us all on hold somewhat.
I'm still reading alot though and always do even when I don't post.
xxx

4 comments:

Sadia said...

Vicki, I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad's cancer. I'll be thinking about him. (Have I mentioned how much I *hate* cancer? There's not much I hate, but cancer is on the list.) If you ever need to talk, I'm an e-mail away.

My girls are taking football too, but fortunately it's included in their day at daycare, so it doesn't extend their day or require transportation. Their coach sounds wonderful, and Jessica, in particular, is really enjoying it.

Good for you for staying on top of your depression! Mine's been a challenge recently, but I'm doing what I can.

Sorry about the bicycle. What a pain!

I'm so glad that your girls enjoyed the CD. It's one of our favourites, and they're even more engaging live! They have quite a few videos up on Youtube, including this one that your two might recognize: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPkrin2g-7E.

Anne Elizabeth said...

Vicki- I am so sorry to hear about your Dad's cancer. I will be praying for all of you.

stacey said...

I will keep your father in my prayers, I am so sorry to read that.

(& its not silly at all! I agree it is nice just to have someone asking after you, who knows you in such a personal way)

Unknown said...

Oh, hun.

I'm so sorry I'm behind on all of this and news of your Dad's cancer. If you want to spill your feelings on the blog I promise I will be here as an year and shoulder from here on in.

I'm happy to hear the rest of you are doing well.

Lots of love and hugs xo