Sunday 5 February 2012

40th Celebrations! - Post long overdue

Well, I am now officially 40!!



Celebrations started on Friday as my sister arrived from Cornwall...We had my whole family here for the weekend (minus Kenny).  Saturday morning I escaped the house early and went for a run....I know, can you believe it...my choice too.  I had a fab one, 4 miles on my own just with my Ipod..fantastic.  11am, the hairdressers.  I had planned on just having my hair dried straight, it is naturally frizzy/curly so always a treat to have done nicely.  My lovely hairdresser said def not, I need to have an up do and she was right.  I had an Audrey Hepburnesque bun, with gorgeous curls at the back.  I felt soooo glamourous, I've never had such a gorgeous up do, I even did my own hair for my wedding!  When I went to pay, Debbie informed me the birthday hair fairy had already been in to pay!!  That made me cry as she told me it wasn't any of my family, infact, she didn't know who it was!  Once I got home, it was to a bit of a mess.  Our new Ikea sofa had arrived.....nothing like pressure...2 hours later it was up and ready to go and I love it, it makes our room so much more liveable esp when mum and dad are here.  Bill went off at 4 to help decorate the bar, while we all hung out at home.  The party was brilliant.  I've never had a party before and we had chosen the local bar round the corner from us which is owned by a family at our school.   I was spoilt rotten by everyone.  The bar outdid itself catering for us, my friends and family treated me like a princess and I had soooo much fun!!  There were about 60 of us in total, friends from church, school, neighbours and family, it was wonderful having all the important people in my life in one space coming together....I would thoroughly recommend it!!!!!  I even bought a new dress!!

Sunday saw Bill going to church with the kids, the rest of us getting showered and ready to go out for lunch at our fav restaurant Rendezvous..again fab as all of us together.....we spent the rest of the day chilling together watching a movie.  Clare left early monday morning, everyone else got up early to wish me Happy Birthday and I got to open all my amazing cards and pressies.  Let me tell you, I was truly blessed xxx  I then spent the day meeting some girlfriends for coffee then having lunch with some other girlfriends and mum and dad.  I had a wonderful day   The turn around is quick though because it is Bill's birthday 2 days later and mum and dad kindly babysat for us so we went out to eat with friends to a local sushi restaurtant.  We have been wanting to go there for ages as I am a sushi virgin.  The friends we went with go there every week on saturdays for lunch so they knew what to order.  It was amazing, we had a fantastic meal with amazing food and great company. 

Mum and dad left the following day and life is slowly resuming back to normal, you've probably already read the post before this so you know where I stand there!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow, that sound absolutely amazing. The birthday hair fairy, that is so, so sweet. I'm not sure if I left a Facebook wish so Happy Birthday xo Thanks for sharing the details of your celebrations, you deserved every awesome moment!