Tuesday 18 March 2008

Just really wanted to thank those who have read my blog and commented. They are all very positive which makes me feel good but in a dilemma about what to post today as it completely goes against it all.
Frankly, life can bite you in the butt just when you are least expecting it. The girls at the minute have yet another cold which means their general mood is horrid. They are at the age when they are really frustrated with everything and take it out on everyone else. I don't remember Bubbs being like that but I am sure he was and I am just blocking it out kinda like childbirth, also he didn't have 2 other children to take it out on. Bubbs is being ok, but I am just so short tempered with him because of the girlies I feel completely racked with guilt at the end of the day, I am a stay at home mum for goodness sake I should be able to spend quality time with him rather than doing house hold chores like washing and cooking, I don't know how working mums do it, when do they do stuff! Our money situ is just getting more and more dire, we still have yet to file US taxes ( we get ext till June) but putting off getting it done as it costs another £150 ($300) and what for...nothing but that is a whole other story. My friend finally had her baby but had some complications, is fine but not home yet and she lives a flight away so can't go see her and am really missing her. Hubby had yet another A&E trip, thought he had broken his hand at work, luckily it is only badly bruised. And to top it all, I really miss my mum and dad, how pathetic is that. Did look up flights but they are ridiculously expensive so no go there.

Anyway, can you tell I'm on a downer....tee hee. Sorry for unloading I could go on for much longer but I don't think anyone actually wants to read blogs that are going to ruin their day rather than make them laugh but didn't want any commenter's thinking that I was that on top of things! On a good note, hubby is now off till Tuesday which is brilliant as it is Easter (strangely early this year) and we are doing quite a bit. My Godparents are visiting on Saturday and then my sis and bro in law are coming on Sunday hopefully till Monday. Haven't seen any of them for ages so really looking forward to that.
Thanks again for reading hopefully I will be jollier next post.

7 comments:

Living the Dream said...

If it's any consolation, I miss you guys too. Still, just think, Spring is here, summer around the corner when the children can play outside. Have a really good week with hubby.
I love you
Moomin
xxxxx

Ris said...

You're allowed to vent! My 19 mth son is in the same "easily frustrated" phase, so I understand. Toddler tantrums are not fun and it's hard to stay positive sometimes! I am so sorry you are missing your friend and family. It must be so hard being away from them! Will keep you in my prayers...chin up!

Petit Elefant said...

Hi,
cute cute cute blog.

Ris said...

Fridge Farm us a magnetic farm that sticks to the fridge. It comes with halves of animals- like the front of a duck, the back of a duck, the front of a cow, back of a cow etc. The idea is, the kiddo puts the right front of the animal and back of the animal together. (there are slots on the farm to stick on the animals) if they get a correct match (ie, a whole horse...) it sings a cute song- "you made a match, look what u found, u made a match, hear a horse sound!" and it neighs. If they make an incorrect match such as a pig head with cow body- it says "you put the pig in front, you put the cow behind, put them together and what do you fibd? a pig cow? That's silly!" and it says random animal facts. Too cute! I bet u could find it on amazon.com

Melissa said...

So sorry to hear about the bad news. And with been filled with guilt....I think that is just something all moms have to deal with. I always feel bad about either not cleaning enough, getting frusterated with my daughter too much, or not spending more time with my hubby.

Mima said...

You should never worry about venting on your blog, that is part of what it is there for, and we all have bad days. The good thing about venting is that you are reminded that everyone is there for you!

Sorry to hear that you are missing everyone, hopefully you will have a good Easter with the family and that will take your mind off it a bit.

Unknown said...

Hey girlie! Sorry to read things aren't all that great. Having sick kiddos just tops everything off, I know. We're going through the same thing around here.

Anyway, it's your blog...you should write what you want, whenever you want. Don't worry about what people think because it's refreshing to read that other people have bad days and that they are also human. It helps us get to know you and relate to you.