Wednesday 19 March 2008

Better today!

Hubby is off now until Tuesday which is lovely. We just don't have to rush around quite so much, although he is usually gone before we all get up in the morning it is so great having him around. Today, he got to take Bubbs to nursery which Bubbs loves and then he got the rest of the morning off because I went to WWW at church and took the girlies with me as they love going in the creche. The women who volunteer there are amazing and they all adore the twins. I find it quite funny that they are so well behaved there and are like little devils at home but I suppose that it is a good thing really at least I get an hour off for me time there.
We had an Easter Reflections session altogether today which was amazing and so uplifting I really needed it. I had to do a reading, John 17: 20-26 and then they sprung the closing prayer on me too. Now anyone who actually knows me in real life will just be laughing cos I just don't do this sort of thing but for some reason have started and am really enjoying it. I am normally far too nervous and self conscious to do it but who knows!
This afternoon was great too, my grandparents, known to the children as Grandma and Grandpa NeeNaa so called because they have a great big fire engine that makes loud noises at their house, sent us an Easter card today and in it they had very kindly given the children £5 each. Well as hubby was off and Bubbs had filled a week on his sticker chart for getting dressed by himself we thought we would have an afternoon trip to ToysRUs. Oh my goodness, we could spend all day there, Bubbs just didn't know what to spend his money on, it is the first time he has ever really had any money to spend and there was so much to choose from he was completely overwhelmed. It was just adorable, we went round all the aisles just letting him know what he could afford and what he couldn't. In the end he plumped for a hot wheels double loop the loop track thing with 3 cars, it is brilliant and watching all 3 of the children playing with it this afternoon was fab!! The girlies each got a little back pack containing a doll with some accessories ie: bottle, hairbrush and a toy. They loved them and spent a lot of the afternoon shoving the doll, usually upside down back in the back pack and then shouting at it. Not sure why they were so cross with it but they were. Funny little things they are.
Actually getting to got to the gym tomorrow with a friend who is dropping her son, the same age as Bubbs, off to hubby who will have 4 children to look after but hey it's only for a couple of hours. Can't wait, yippee!

6 comments:

Living the Dream said...

At least I didn't have to get my tissues out tonight. Bless, I'm glad you are feeling a little better. But, I have to say you and Clare were the same, I could take you anywhere and you were good as gold, but when we got home........ You both turned out perfect though.
I love you
Moomin
xxxxx :-)

Clare said...

Glad you are feeling stronger today. Does help having hubby there I suppose too to share the load. Can't WAIT to see the children - it seems like ages!! Love you as always
Clare
xxxxx

Mima said...

I should imagine that Bubbs was quite a sight to see, it would have been wonderful to watch as he rushed around, and what a sense of excitement as he did his choosing for the first time. A real moment to savour.

Steph said...

I'm glad you are doing better.
Have a Happy Easter!
Thanks for always commenting on my blog too...it uplifts me. :)

Melissa said...

oh dropping of the kids eh! Nice. we just joined a gym mainly because they have daycare so I can actually go and get stuff done! I am loving it!

Ris said...

How cute to picture your little one pondering over what to buy! Let us know if your hubby survived being in charge of the 4 kiddos! ;-)