Monday 7 April 2008

Nannie's home!

I'm not going to blog much this week as my mum (moomin) is home from France. She needed a children fix as well as seeing all the other sets of family. She arrived at about 11pm at a motorway service station where my Hubby was waiting for her and fell into the sofabed in the living room where she tried to catch up on some sleep. As always, the girlies did their usual of waking up at midnight and then were awake till about 430am! We are all absolutely pooped but still having a lovely time. In the morning Bubbs came downstairs and I had to show him one of nannies shoes so he knew who was in the bed as he was convinced it was a monster...bless him. Once he realised, that was it and it hasn't stopped, 'nannie will you play with me?' 'nannie can we do ....fill in the blanks'. The girlies on the other hand, although happy to see her have been rather miserable with lots and lots of high pitch screaming, it has to be said I was glad to get them in bed, they did sleep a bit better though and we all went to bed at 9pm..how sad are we.
Today, we awoke to beautiful sunshine so we made the most of it and went for walk into town, moomin needed to pick some stuff up and we met my friend J for a coffee with her children too. We managed to spend most of the day in town and the children were really good, although Bubbs doesn't not like going into any clothes shops so we had to bribe him with some lego....that always works! All in all a good day and I have just been to the gym, yippee!

8 comments:

Clare said...

Yay moomins home. Can't wait to see her
Love you
Clare x

Ris said...

Enjoy your mom's visit! I feel for you on the screaming girlies. I can't imagine hearing TWO of them going at once, poor Mama! Too cute that your son thought she was a monster! LOL Have a lovely week!

Melissa said...

oh I hope you enjoy your visit with your mom. I know I would love to have a visit with mine, but she is all the way in India.

Living the Dream said...

It is so good to be here and just cuddle my children, big and small. If I cuddle Vicki too much, I may lean on her and fall asleep though :-)
I love you all. Moomin xxxxx

Anonymous said...

How long do you get to see her for?
Hope you have gobs of fun!!!!
xxxx

Joy said...

Have lots of fun!!!

Steph said...

Have fun with your 'moomin'!
I Love visiting!

pink-petal-designs said...

Sounds like you and Claire are having great fun with your mum.
Sarah x