Tuesday 1 April 2008

Schools!

Well we got the letter today and put it this way I spent most of the day either emailing waiting lists or crying, I can't believe I was but couldn't stop. We not only didn't get our first choice, or our second choice or even our third choice but none on the list and a place was offered to us from the school that is possibly the worst in our area according to the Ofsted reports!
Anyway, we are starting to appeal so hopefully get something else soon, will have to keep you posted. Luckily, Bubbs only turns 4 in July and doesn't legally have to start school until he is 5 so we have quite a long while to play with, thank goodness.
Having also spoken to a few of my friends this seems to have happened to quite a few so the appeal process could be fun!
Apart from that not much going on, I have eaten myself stupid today as I was so cross, and got no comfort from it so it wasn't even worth it, might just eat cereal tomorrow. Could so do with a day off!!!!! I am sure there are many nods of fellow mums out there.
Hubby off to hospital on Thursday to see what they are going to do about his leg as the lump on it is still there from the bike crash, he may even have surgery there and then so I could have a very unhappy bunny that night.
Got my WWW group all coming for coffee in the morning so that should be fun and actually depositing some money into my business account, yeah!
Speak soon xx

7 comments:

Susie PSU said...

I taught in Tunbridge Wells and I remember mums coming in with INFANTS to sign them up for school. I can't imagine not going to the local neighborhood school! How far away is the one they want you to go to??

Joy said...

Oh no!!! I hope you find a place at least by next year!

Living the Dream said...

Oh Vicki, I wish I was there to give you a hug, but that would make you cry more!! Won't be long, I will be home soon though there is nothing I can do about the school.
I love you
Moomin
xxxxx

Steph said...

I hope you find somewhere suitable by next year! Oh the stress of being a mom!!!

Holliday Family said...

Hi Vicki, I was so sorry to hear about this. praying for you.

Debs Holliday

PS: So random that Susie PSU left a comment on your blog - she is a friend of mine. We met at St Johns! But now she lives back in USA!!! small world..

Ris said...

nodding! We'll be praying that he'll get into the school that God wants him to be in.

Ris said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.