Sunday 11 May 2008

Help!

We went to a 1st birthday party today in the most amazing weather and the children ate burgers, ice cream, cake and biscuits.....they loved it! The also got to play in the paddling pool, how brilliant it is so nice to have some good weather.

Today didn't start so well though, before church I thought I would be organised and put in a load of laundry so it could dry on the line while we were out. I put it on and the blooming thing broke, it managed to do one turn so the detergent went all over the clothes and they were all just a bit wet so I had to take it to my neighbours just to get it done. I tried change the fuse but couldn't get the old one out so had to go to another neighbour for him to help me, Dad you will know who this was. We managed to change it but it still isn't fixed. Also, discovered today that our car is due it's MOT and needs the brakes doing before that, and over the last couple of days the girlies have been getting their legs stuck in the bars of their cots and can nearly climb out so we will need to get them beds soon too. Oh, just remembered too that I sent all our paperwork off to get our US taxes done which costs £150 too, even though we don't live there and I don't even have a green card anymore. Sorry for the moaning but you know sometimes when you just don't know quite how you will get out of that financial hole, I am beginning to feel like one of those people on the consolidation loan adverts!!!!!!!!!!

On a lighter note, thursday night I went to a friends house for a Friends Scene It night. We had such a good time and had completely forgotten how funny Friends is and I haven't laughed that much in ages. Also, my moomin, dad, sis and BiL have literally just arrived in France for a 2 week vacation together, I hope they have a great time and still blog so I can catch up with them.

BTW, the girlies can now say loads of words, the most frequently used today being......CAKE!
xx

8 comments:

Anne Elizabeth said...

The pictures are so cute! I'm sorry you are having such a hard time financially. I know how that is. I hope you get your washer fixed!

David said...

Amazing pictures. Looks like so much fun. So sorry about your laundry! I can't imagine a load of clothes with a splash of water and detergent on them. So glad that the day got better for you all!

Joy said...

Ha! I found you at the blog party!!!

It seems everyones' machines are breaking down this year! I hope mine doesn't blow!!!

And I know about the money thing! I am rolling my eyes becuase it seems like there's always another money grubber banging on the door!

Vixbil said...

Thanks guys, I logged on especially this morning with the girlies scrubbing all over the laptop just so I could see if anyone had left me a comment and you had....makes my day much better...washing machine man coming this morning so lets hope he can fix it
xx

Ris said...

HA! Love it! "Cake!" Smart girls! They are adorable. And have inspired me...if the weather is good, I am blowing up the pool for Dax this week!

Hope your machine gets fixed soon...amazing how we take thngs like that for granted- that they will just WORK, and when they don't, we are up a creek!

Ris said...

thanks Vicki! (regarding weight loss comment...) would be so nice to encourage each other and get the weight off! 20 lbs is my goal right now...to get to pre-preg weight. I resisted going over my self imposed quota of cookies twice today.

AudreyO said...

The photos are awesome. I'm Audrey. One of my fondest memories is when my daughter just under a year old and she and a cousin were sitting on a blanket eating cake LOL.

Melissa said...

you looked like you guys had a lot of fun at the party! And hope that machine gets fixed soon. sorry about all of that :(