Sunday 15 June 2008

Fathers Day

What a day! Girlies woke at 530am rather loudly, not sure why but I managed to give them their bottle of milk and they stayed quietish till 7am when we got up.....I just couldn't face the day properly starting at 530, also gave Hubby a bit of a lie in and Bubbs stayed sleeping too. Once the boys finally came downstairs Bubbs gave his daddy his gift, the mug he painted at my work, Hubby loved it and has drunk his tea out of it ever since. I also made Hubby his fav brekkie of scrambly eggs, bacon and toast. Lovely. We went off to church after this and it was a great service, it also gave my hair its first outing and it got lots of comments. Most people didn't recognise me. We also sang my most favourite praise song today, 'In Christ Alone' so we both sang our hearts out, albeit a bit out of tune but do we think God cares, no just as long as we are praising!

After church we were off to my grandparents house which we nearly couldn't get to as getting petrol was a challenge in our town and many others because of the strikes. Finally found some and it cost us £70 ($130) to fill up our car!!!! Wow. My sis was at the grandparents aswell as my mum and dad and we just had the nicest day. We enjoyed a wonderful roast dinner with trifle for pudding, how british can you get. Then the children spent the afternoon out in the sunshine in the gorgeous garden. We finally came home at the childrens bed time which is an hours drive and the kids didn't even fall asleep! Anyway, enjoy the pix below I finally managed to get some of my nana with the children, yeah
xx
My nan and gramps with Bubbs
My nan with the girlies
Nan with fidgety Jim Jam at milk time this evening
Hubby and sis with girlies, they loved playfighting up there and thought it was hilarious, you should have heard them laughing
Just a very cute one of my dad and Jim Jam
xx

3 comments:

Ris said...

I sing off key too, LOL! If He wanted us to sing well, we would, right? ;-)

VERY cute pics! So glad you post them. Love the shoulders one and the one with dad. Thanks for sharing!!

Clare said...

Had a great time yesterday - I have some great pics too (especially the swings) so will post them soon (when I get back from Germany I think)
Take Care
Clare x

Joy said...

I gasped when I heard how high your gas is!!! I think it costs $50 to fill our tank, maybe a little more. BUT you guys do have the Underground. When I visited London, that was a nice little perk in getting around!