Thursday 19 June 2008

Hubby

He's done it, he now has a blog. Check it out, he is training for his first triathlon so doing it for that really but I love his writing so am really looking forward to reading it. The only thing it does mean though is less blog reading time for me so sorry if I don't comment as much!!

Had a good couple of days, packed as always getting ready for the wedding at the weekend. I'm not sure that I have even blogged about this but we are off to our children's god parents wedding on saturday, all the children are participating in some way so it will be so much fun. But this is the best bit, my dear friend V is coming to collect the children before the speeches and the evening meal to bring them home and look after them for the night, THEN, another friend is going to have them till after lunch on the sunday. Oh my goodness, any of my readers that have children will understand the excitement we are feeling right now. We are staying in a fairly posh hotel, for the night with NO, yes that is right, NO children......and we can have a lie in and breakfast in bed. I think we may actually be more excited than the Bride and Groom.....who'd have thought it.

I am actually quite nervous because it doesn't matter how well you know your friends they never know quite how your children really sleep and I am so hoping the girlies sleep well for her and she has a lovely time rather than one she would rather forget!! Bless her, I can't express how grateful I am and will be for a good while to come.

Nothing more significant to say apart from Thanks for all the encouraging comments on the weight loss issue, I am rather expecting to have put it back on again on monday what with the wedding and all!!

Ooh and the girlies are just spilling out more and more words and Moodle is stringing them together as well. How amazing is that! Today, she brought me over a really cute book about bears and said "Teddy....book" I know it is only 2 words but still she is so cute. Jim Jam does far more physical stuff and can actually jump with both feet off the ground and is very nearly hopping properly too, Bubbs himself only learnt to do that about 6 months ago.

6 comments:

Anne Elizabeth said...

That is so exciting that you get a night without the kids. I hope that the kids do great and you have a TON of fun!!!

Ris said...

that is so exciting to get a night away!! Woo hoo! Also, that's really incredible that she's putting words together! Wow! Love those stories.

Joy said...

My hubby started a blog, too! It's so funny to read his thoughts.

Vicky T said...

Ha Ha ! You might be regretting the gratefulness when I ask you to have mine!!

The girls will be fine - kids always are when someone else looks after them!
Love V x

David said...

Amazing that hubby is training for a triathlon.
Wish him the best from us.

Living the Dream said...

Well done hubby, I know you will do well. Of course, I think the girls are the best and so clever, am I biased do you think?? :-) Can't wait to see the children dressed up for the wedding.
Love you all
Moomin
xxxxx