Sunday 22 June 2008

Wedding Bliss

Wow, what an amazing weekend!.. Yesterday we went off to the wedding, I had to sew the elastic on the ballet shoes and iron the girlies dresses all before we left but we did it. We finally pulled up to the hotel after 2 hours in the car most of it on the motorway at a standstill with a VERY grumpy Moodle who decided she just didn't want to nap. Anyway, once we got there we checked in and went up to our room with all our children. I wanted to take a pic of the room as it was so cool and don't think I have been in a hotel quite so lovely before (it is described as retro chic) and I loved it, but before I even managed to get the phone out the children had trashed the place by bouncing on the bed and generally having a blast. We were starving by this point so went down to SoozJims room and hung out there with everyone all getting ready while the children trashed the 2 rooms they had.

More importantly the wedding. What a beautiful day, the bride and groom were gorgeous and such a lovely day was had by all. The children were all amazing and Bubbs simply rose to the occasion when he had to walk down the aisle first with the ring pillow. He had spent the previous 10 mins saying how he didn't want to do but as soon as the door opened he just went for it. I am so proud of all of them and you can see from the few photos I have below how gorgeous they all are.

My amazing friend showed up at 530pm to take the kids home and she got to come into the reception so she got to see how gorgeous they looked. (I know I am biased but bless) From then on we were free. We got to eat a meal without any interruptions and we played the night away at the reception. How blessed are we to have amazing friends like this. We also got to sleep in and have breakfast with papers and conversation. Till next time
xx
My beautiful girlies
My gorgeous boy with his Chandler smile (we so rarely get a pic with his real smile)
My doomin with his girlies. (note the 1 shoe missing, she went down the aisle like that bless her)

The beautiful Mr and Mrs P!! (Bubbs and Moodles godparents)
xx

9 comments:

David said...

Beautiful shots! Amazing looking!
Oh and so kind of you to leave those very warm thoughts on my post today.
It meant a lot to me, and I thank you

Anne Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad you had a good time. Your kids all look so great. I love the girl's dresses. The bride does look gorgeous:)

Ris said...

Your kids are beautiful! Bubbs looks so handsome and the girls are just darling. So pretty in their dresses! The Chandler smile made me smile!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!

Grace Acres said...

How cute are your little people. I love when they get al dressed up.

Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

how i LOOOONNNNGGG to go to a romantic wedding. i haven't been to one since my own just over 4 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your children are just gorgeous, Vicki! They looked amazing in their fancy attire. Where were all the hats, though? Aren't ladies supposed to wear hats to a wedding? ;)
Sounds like you had a wonderful time, and I am glad you got to eventually relax!

Joy said...

I love weddings! Your little girls are just living dolls and your son is so handsome!

Vixbil said...

Jewels,
There were quite a lot of hats and hair jewellery (not sure what else you could call the concoction of feathers on womens heads) but I just didn't seem to get many pix of them
xx