Thursday 3 July 2008

AWOL

I feel like I haven't posted for ages and the main reason being is that Hubby is off for 2 weeks (1 of which is nearly over) so we are getting things done. I also found I was spending so much time on the computer that I think I am going to limit myself to once or twice a week as it means I having more of a relationship with my laptop rather than Hubby!

We are getting loads done whilst on holiday though, we are not going anywhere as it is still school time but so far we have done major tip runs, and we are in the process of picking out paint for the conservatory and probably living room now as we thought we might as well do both rooms at once....still not sure about that one though. I have found an amazing estore that sells wall words too so I am going to get some of those too, they are really cool sayings which will be lovely.

We finally managed to get rid of the futon out of the girlies bedroom and are now considering about getting them toddler beds rather than their cots, the don't always sleep well and I am wondering if beds might be better, what does anyone think? They are not 2 until Sept and Bubbs didn't go into a bed till he was nearly 3 and only then because we moved and needed his cot for the girls, I don't think he was bothered but girls seem so different??!!

Weather here is amazing so we are trying to do stuff outside, I know for Hubby this doesn't seem like a holiday which is a shame but I know where he is coming from, maybe next year we will get to go to France to see my parents in their french home. Talking of them, my grandparents are over there at the moment and they are having a great time. How wonderful is that!

Not much else going on, Hubby went to see Mabel our puppy again today so I'll post a pix in a minute, she is adorable and we can't wait to get her. We are going out tomorrow to get some puppy stuff and maybe the girls beds too if we can make up our minds about them.

Happy blogging everyone
xx

3 comments:

Grace Acres said...

I so do the same thing and I am sure DW would like to do more fun stuff but there are so many things to do.I heard a few comments from the hubs about spending more time on the computer than with him so I blog most in the morning while the kids are playing.

Ris said...

I moved Dax to a twin size bed way before two and he did great! I think he was 18 months? He slept great in it from night 1 and on. Just need bed rails so they dont roll out. All kids are different, I know, but we had zero trouble switching him. Didnt want to spend the money on a toddler bed.

Your puppy is gorgeous! So cute!!!

I blog during the kids naptime or after Hubby is asleep. I agree spending time with Hubby is def more important (and fun!) than blogging!

Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

i love that you used "whilst" & "lovely" in this post...I wish we Americans spoke more formally!