Thursday 7 August 2008

Great Movie and Ikea

Just finished watching Juno and I loved it, such a cute quirky chick teen flick that made me cry at the end, so worth watching.
Bill away tonight, he has to open in the morning and couldn't get to town early enough on the train so is staying in the halls to make it. Just found out he has to work on Saturday morning too which is a real bummer but hopefully he will come home early tomorrow and maybe Monday too. I managed to get a massive pile of ironing done which is good as I am babysitting tomorrow night so I can relax there rather than take ironing with me, always looks rather sad when you show up with a pile of it don't you think.
Mabel is still be amazing, she is very nippy with the children but they are getting used to it and it won't last for ever but she is so lovely and it is wonderful seeing how they all interact differently with her. Bubbs keeps telling me how he is her owner and that she is his very bestest friend in the whole world....so cute. Jim Jam is quite authoritative with her, she still cries when Mabel runs after her but holds her own too. Moodle on the other hand is more nervous of her, but when she is asleep or really calm absolutely adores her. I promise to post some pix soon of them with her.
On the meds front, I think I am pretty much back to normal now which is great, I even had the gumption to hoover before the kids went to bed moving the couch too, then decided that I really ought to wash the couch covers as mum and dad are coming home next week......2 things I just never would have done 2 weeks ago. I was talking to my friend about it earlier and we were laughing about how ridiculous our lives have become when we get excited about washing couch covers!!! Might even try to lose a few pounds over the next couple of weeks, something that I have not even been able to consider until now, however hard my hubby has been training.
I did have another trip to Ikea, I so hate to buy furniture anywhere else because we just can't afford it. I got a bookcase (tall and thin) for the conservatory. My plan is to keep all paperworky type stuff in there because at the minute it is taking over my kitchen and our bedroom and I can't stand it. Hubby put it together whilst I was at work last night but we don't have a drill so I have asked our friend M, hubbys fellow decorator, to wield a drill to attach it to the wall.. It is 2m high so don't want it to land on the children. Once this is up I can get to filling it and clearing out our bedroom somewhat...again I'm really excited about something really mundane!
Did have a scare with the children today, Jim Jam fell off her highchair, and I wasn't in the room so didn't see exactly what happened but Bubbs and his friend said she landed on her head. Anyway, she screamed for about 15mins got herself all hot and bothered and promptly fell asleep. Well, my friend and I started to think this wasn't the best thing for her so called NHS Direct who were great and told me what to look for once she had woken. Bless, she was really sweet when she woke up and we couldn't see anything on her head so figured she must have fallen somewhere else and just cried out of shock. When I gave them tea I found the most humongous bruise on the side of her head, it wouldn't surprise me if she has a black eye tomorrow!

8 comments:

Anne Elizabeth said...

I really wish we had an Ikea here. Everybody talks about how great it is. I have never been to one:( I really liked Juno too, so did Robbie. I actually would like to own it. I was surprised I liked it because someone told me I would hate it... I get excited about getting stuff done too:) I'm glad that Jim Jam is okay. What is NHS?

Ris said...

Oh NO! I am so glad she is all right! We had a scare like that too...Dax fell and hit his head on our porcelian tile floor. SO SCARY! I am really thankful that Jim Jam is ok!

Awesome that you are feeling so good! The comment about the "gumption to hoover" made me LOL. I am so using that phrase next time I vacuum. Too cute!

Vixbil said...

Anne, the NHS is the National Health Service (we have free health care!) and they have a phone service with nurses on the line so that you can call rather than actually going to the ER
Ris, I knew I would make my US friends laugh using 'hoovering' but couldn't resist
xx

stacey said...

We need NHS here in the USA...ASAP!!! That is so great that you have a phone service with nurses on the line whenever you need them ~you are blessed:)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Ikea!!!!!!
& I really want to see Juno! Everyone seems to love it.

Living the Dream said...

Oh bless, poor Jim Jam. Tell her nannie will be there in a few days and can't wait to give her a cuddle. Missing you guys lots. See you soon.

Anonymous said...

Poor Jim Jam! I hope she is ok now!

I am glad to hear you are inspired to get some things done. That is always good for the soul. I had to chuckle because I get so excited over little things. And doesn't it feel great to have clean couch covers?!

I gave you an award---here is the link:
http://pursuinghappilyeverafter.blogspot.com/2008/08/it-must-be-share-love-week.html

Grace Acres said...

I always miss my hubby when is gone too. I have never een to ikea but my brothers are addicted to that store so I think we may need to go soon.

Joy said...

Abby flipped over the back of the couch and landed on her head, on hardwood floor. SCARED ME SO BAD!!! But she ended up being fine. Kids are so resilient. If I had done that, I would've cried too.