Monday 4 August 2008

Kinda back to normal!

I don't have loads to say but needed to blog as I have had a lovely day. Bubbs was a star today, it was as though someone had taken away the annoying little monster that has been staying here for the last month or so and given me back my Bubbs. He got dressed by himself, played nicely with his sisters (in the sandpit that I put up today) and ate really well at all his meals. I was totally in love with him. The girlies weren't that bad either although they are still awake at present having been put to bed over an hour ago.....they are playing upstairs and as they are not fighting we are just leaving them to hopefully go to sleep themselves.

I really felt more like myself today, I think the meds are kicking in as laughing happened alot today. Yay.

My lovely friend R came and dropped a magazine and a movie off for me to borrow today, I was going to watch it tonight while Hubby went swimming but he decided not to go and as the movie is 'Juno' figured he wouldn't want to watch it. I do have a free evening on Thursday as he has to stay at work for the night but should be home early Friday afternoon. Looking forward to the reading of a good mag though. I also spent the day with a friend and her daughter who is a similar age to the girlies so you can imagine the mess of the sandpit, they did love it though.

On movies, my friend Jess came round on Saturday evening and we watched 'The Notebook'....oh my goodness, it was such a lovely film and we were both balling at the end, there is nothing nicer than a good cry after a fab movie. We did devour rather alot of chocolate and cake too so that helps even more.

Mabel is still being amazing, I left her for the first time today in her crate while we all went to town to run errands. We were only gone an hour and I don't think she cried that much as we hung about a bit outside first and then when we got home she was fast asleep in her bed...bless. Still having a few potty accidents but we have only had her a week, I keep forgetting that.

Considering I didn't have much to write I haven't done too badly.
xx

9 comments:

Anne Elizabeth said...

I'm glad you had a good day. It has been hot here and the kids are cranky. Tomorrow we are going to Crown Center with my mom, so that should be fun. It is always nice when the kids make a positive change in their attitude. It sounds like Bubbs was going through a "phase". Pink has had lots of those. lol. When does he start school? I can't remember what you said. Let me know how you like Juno. I thought it was pretty funny overall. So did Robbie.

Rachel's Journal Pages said...

I want to see Juno too but haven't got around to it yet. Love the movie Notebook though - lots of tears!

The Broken Man said...

Sounds like a lovely day - glad you are feeling more positive.

The Broken Man

http://theblogofabrokenman.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear you are feeling a bit better and had a good day!

When I watched the Notebook, I didn't cry! Everyone else did, but me. I'm just weird, I guess. I had read the book first, and the book is a lot different from the movie; I liked it better.

Your puppy sounds adorable. I hope she gets potty-trained soon, for your sake!

Living the Dream said...

Hooray for the meds!!! I can't wait to see my babies, it seems ages, though it has only been 5 weeks!! Love you lots and lots.
God bless, Moomin
xxxxxx

Ris said...

Let us know about Juno! Love the chocolate and movie night theme. So glad you are feeling more like yourself. Laughing does feel so good. I want to see the next pics you take of your kiddos holding Mabel. Xoxo

David said...

thanks for your warm comments and support.
I have a kind of new "home" for my writing.
I hope you enjoy
David
http://fivestringguitar.blogspot.com/

David said...

You have always been so amazing in your comments and such a treat for me to read, that I wanted to share my new "spot" for your reading pleasure hopefully..
http://fivestringguitar.blogspot.com/


wamest,

David

Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

yes, the notebook is a great flick!