Thursday 4 September 2008

Do we get confused??

A great bloggy friend called Joy asked me the classic question about whether or not we get the girlies mixed up! The only one in the house that doesn't most of the time is Bubbs! As you can see from the pix they are identical and there is only really one thing that is different about them and that is that Moodle has a mole on her left forearm. In the summer this is great but in the winter...not so much! I had a ceasar for them (there were high risk as they shared the same placenta) and Moodle came out first, she was placed on my chest and yelled until they had finished doing the washing up in my stomach (that is what it feels like when they are repairing you), Jim Jam came out 2 mins later and was content in Hubbys arms. They were both tiny, M 5lb 110z and J5lb 7oz but we were surprised by that as Bubbs was only 5lb 11oz. But they were different colours. Jim Jam was a lot darker pink in skin colour that Moodle and that lasted for about a week. We really couldn't tell! We started to dress Moodle in plain onsies and Jim Jam in patterned, but did we ever mix them up at the beginning......who knows...only kidding.
Anyway, I know this is really long winded but thought this might be a funny thing to blog about, basically in the pix if you see one in pink and one in a different colour you can tell, the pink one is Moodle.
I did have one really embarrassing time when I had to take them both to the docs for different things and got them completely mixed up even to the point where we were on the second diagnosis, notes written up on one until I suddenly realised,.......obviously that was pre PND medication..........
Another funny story is that on my first evening home our Vicar came to visit and we were all talking about how it is hard to tell them apart and he was looking a little stumped. It wasn't until later on in the visit that he realised that they were both girls, we chose a name that is commonly a boys name in the UK for Jim Jam. SO FUNNY!!

5 comments:

Ris said...

I have been DYING to know this forever! I read today about a lady who would paint her twins' toenails different colors. At least they have a mole that is different! The onesies were a great idea! THey are going to pull some serious pranks in school. Could give them dfferent color earrings! lol At least they are big enough that THEY know who they are. :-)

Clare said...

a story from their auntie....the first weekend I was left to look after all three children. I was at Vix house (alot easier in their own home to cope). Anyway, Vicki had left me copious notes, apart from what cot they slept in! So I managed to carry them both up to bed, and then was stumped! I didn't just want to put them in any cot, as they would surely not sleep well leaving me less than useless the next day. So - I call up William and ask him..."silly auntie clare" he answers, and promptly told me straight. I went to lay them down and he falls about laughing and says I still have it wrong...I had mixed them up in the confusion! Thank goodness William was there!! He amazes me that with NO visible marks, 99% of the time he can tell you which is which - amazing intuition!
Can't wait to have Bubbs tomorrow
Clare
xx

Joy said...

They are just precious!!!Thanks for answering my question!

stacey said...

That is so funny how your son can tell your girls apart so good!!!!

Steph said...

How funny, I always thought parents of twins always could tell their kids apart! Glad to know I'm not an idiot! And P.S. I would love to have identical twins...I think it would be so much fun!