Friday 7 November 2008

That Friday Feeling!

So much to say and so little time. (I'll warn you now this post turned into a bit of a moan, I apologise now)

Firstly on the pram front.........I have had no luck at all with them. We ordered several new parts for the broken one, finally got it going again for a different part to break. We really couldn't afford to pay out anymore on it so decided to carry on using the one my Auntie had found me. This was ok but it is a side by side one which is incredibly hard to push and the girlies fight with each other constantly. Anyway, as I was coming home last week with the pram full of groceries the darn thing broke!!!!!! I can use it but it is really dodgy so we bit the bullet and ordered a new one with good resale value. Oh my goodness how much bad luck could I have with this. It arrived 2 days later and I started putting it together only to find it was broken. I took it straight back to the store as we really needed it for this weekend, the store were great and ordered me another one and they were going to try to get it express delivered to make up for the inconvenience. HA, they called the next day to tell me there was some sort of computer pricing problem and it wasn't now going to arrive till Monday or Tuesday. I was so annoyed I wrote to Head Office last night and I have now had a reply from them telling me that they are sorry for this but the pram is now out of stock so I won't be receiving it till the END of the week. ARE WE KIDDING DO I HAVE MUG WRITTEN ON MY FOREHEAD.

Moodle is also giving me problems at the moment. As you know she doesn't sleep well at all and I am really struggling with the whole liking her thing at the moment. I find this so difficult to deal with as Jim Jam is so adoring and lovely and so is Moodle but I am just SO tired I can't explain. Basically, I have cried pretty much all this week and have struggled with motherhood in general. This also means everything else has gone down the pan, WW doesn't get a look in as I comfort eat my way through chocolate most nights.. Thank goodness I don't drink or smoke I would be flat on my back I think. Anyone else out there ever feel like this, will my post natal depression last forever they'll be getting a job before I'm off the meds!! On a good note though, I did spend a great evening catching up with one of my great Christian friends who was so supportive, we had a meal in the evening at hers which meant that there were no kids interrupting us so we finished all the conversations we started how novel is that.

Hubby has been great this week, he seems to have really picked up on how much I am struggling, probably not hard as my eyes are so puffy and red rimmed recently, and just been really great with the kids especially in the night time. Moodle seems not to go on for quite so long when he goes down to her. I am sure that this will end once she gets used to him going but for now it is making it a little bit easier. I love him.

We are off to Norfolk this weekend to see some friends. Hubby and I are really looking forward to this as sometimes a change is as good as rest. Or so the saying goes anyway!

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Mum, Dad, Nan and Gramps have a great couple of weeks in France. Love you
xx

3 comments:

Anne Elizabeth said...

I really do know EXACTLY how you feel! I've been there before, several times in fact. I will be praying for you and I hope you are able to get some rest this weekend!

Maynard Tait said...

Hey! We're with you on the annnoyance of having things breaking on you. Our 'damages' this month will total around £350 (car, washing machine and drill).

Still - a bottle if Winter Pimms can aid the suffering in this weather!

Hope you have/had a GRRREAT weekend!

Lol,

M.

Sadia said...

We all have those weeks. *hugs*

I ended up giving up on strollers altogether. My girls either walk or use a wagon. If we had decent public transportation around here, I'd probably invest in a stroller, but since I have to drive to get anywhere, the expense doesn't seem worth it.

I burst into tears this morning getting the girls in the car, and my dear husband suggested that he take the girls into school while I called in sick. I considered it, but had too many meetings I was supposed to lead to miss work.