Tuesday 3 February 2009

Snow, praise and decorating!

It's been snowing here, Hubby didn't get to work yesterday as all the trains to London were cancelled....I know and inch of snow here and we come to a halt....Mind you I didn't mind as it was nice to have him home for an extra day. Bubbs still went to school and had a great time making snowmen with his classmates. Today was more annoying though as school was still on but preschool wasn't which meant I had the girlies with me and trying to walk the dog round the meadow was rather hard work. Below are a few pix of our walk...
Mabel mid tail wagGirlies in pram in meadow

Gorgeous park looking fab

A rather beautiful tree
Girlies eating tomato soup, great snow food

Now onto the decorating.....I rather stupidly didn't take any before pix but the room was basically magnolia with only furniture in it.. My sister took Bubbs for the weekend so we could do this in the evenings when girlies were asleep and he was and still is really excited about it....his fav colour is red so this is what you get....
View from his bed, the flag is from Help for Heroes rugby match
This is slightly different view from his bed, I got the works from Ebay and I love them
This is the view from the door

We have never been able to decorate before and are so pleased with it. Can't wait to start on other rooms now we want to do the living room, girlies bedroom and our bedroom.
Ok, that is the snow and the decorating, praise is next.
Well, I went on my bi yearly WWW retreat on mine and Hubbys birthday weekend. 47 women go away for fri and saturday night for praise, study, an amazing speaker and friends and great food. I get so excited about this every 2 years and would love for it to happen every year but there is such a lot to do to organise it and for all the husbands to be left at home with the children is a lot to ask. We had a fantastic speaker who did some great talks and our small group studies were great too. I always come away having learnt so much and feel so calm when I return home. It really does take me a while to come down as I try to get back to real life.
Anyway, sorry for such a long break. I will be back tomorrow as I have a challenge set by a good blogging buddess Eternally Huckdoll. I've got my thinking cap on already
xx






5 comments:

Anne Elizabeth said...

I love all the snow pictures! It hasn't seemed to snow much here this year. It has been beyond bitter cold though. How fun that you were able to decorate:) I look forward to seeing the other rooms you are going to do too. I bet Bubbs loves having his room all decorated.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure we ever got that much snow the whole time I lived in England. Bubbs' room looks great-you did a fantastic job! I know, once you do one room...you start thinking about what you can do to the other rooms, don'tcha?

Susie PSU said...

I love the snow pictures, too. I used to go running right by where your stroller is parked...ah, the memories.

Isn't snow just GRAND?!

Living the Dream said...

oh how our boy must have loved making the snowmen. Bless him, I wish I had been there to make one with him. Beautiful pictures. So pleased you had a good retreat. They are wonderful aren't they?
Take care, I love you. Moomin

Maynard Tait said...

So who did most of the painting? Did you caulk off any gaps? Matt or silk? Oil or water based gloss?
Why wasn't I there?

Bill - 6nations - must get together!