Tuesday 17 March 2009

France

First of all can I say what an amazing job my Hubby did looking after the children for the whole weekend which included 2 school runs. My friend J looked after him at the weekend too so a MASSIVE thank you to them all so that I could go away!!

To start with we had to leave really early in the morning our flight was at 745am. My childfree time started early. My mum and dad met us at the airport and we went straight into Toulouse for a bit of shopping and lunch.....this is the first 2 pix!! How happy do I look

We arrived at the house and I was blown away. Hubby and I were there when mum and dad signed for it and it was a wreck, a charming one but a wreck none the less. Wow they have done soooo much. I am so proud of them both but especially dad. He is not a carpenter but has done so much woodwork he could be. He is not a plumber but has put in several bathrooms. He is not a kitchen fitter but theirs is AMAZING and he did it. The list goes on he is brilliant, that is not to say that mum has just sat about doing nothing all the personal bits go to her. I loved it...see the few pix below of outside.



This next one is our first jug of Pimms. It was such great weather we sat outside most of the time. Sis and I went to bed really early and would have gotten to sleep early too if we hadn't had a fit of the giggles!

Gorgeous sunset

Saturday morning starts with tea in bed brought to us by Dad and we were joined by mum and we just sat and chatted for ages not having to do anything. LOVELY


Saturday bought more sunshine, a singing tribute to mum and dad from some friends for their anniversary and more Pimms. We went to a pottery and dropped in on my cousins who then joined us for a bbq later on. Perfect.


Part of the singing tribute...
I was obviously having so much fun after this that I didn't seem to take anymore pix. We had a the same on sunday morning. Bliss. Then went to my Aunt and Uncles for a great dinner in honor of my mum and dads ruby wedding anniversary. On the way home we stopped in on some more of m and d's friends for a drink and game of table skittles...so much fun. We did have to get up really early, 330am,m to get home but it was so worth it.
I can't remember the last time Clare and I spent any time with mum and dad without any distractions and I would love to make a yearly thing.
Thank you to mum, dad, Clare especially for driving me to the airport and back, Hubby - you are a star especially with the poo incident and for my children for being so good for daddy
xxxxx














7 comments:

Living the Dream said...

It was wonderful to have you here, perhaps not yearly, twice yearly would be nice or is that me being very selfish. It was so good to hear you and Clare giggling in the bedroom, relaxing and having fun. Tea in the morning and chatting was just the best. We love you very much, thank you for making our anniversary very special.

Anne Elizabeth said...

It looks like you had an amazing time! I'm so glad:)

Clare said...

Roll on to the next one...

Grace Acres said...

looks like so muh fun.

apple tree quilter said...

Envious is what I am! What a wonderful time you all had. Only one question, what is Pimms? You know us uncouth Yanks. Sharlene

Maynard Tait said...

We're so glad you and Clare and a fantastic time - you look so content in that first pic.

M&J

Ris said...

Oh Vix, I am so glad you got to go on such an awesome trip! What fun to relax and spend time with your family. I want to plan something similar here...to spend time on a vacation with extended family. So much fun! (esp playing gameS!!