Wednesday 18 March 2009

Normal life resumes

Anyone out there doing Rick Warrens 40 days of Community. We are in our women's group and I am loving it...just interested on others' views.

Had a governors meeting this evening, it is always really great but also really draining. There is so much positive stuff happening at the school but also there is the reality of the type of area that the school serves. I suppose in my naive state I just can't imagine life like some of the pupils endure and my continuing need to pray is highlighted to me.

Children are being lovely at the moment. It helps that we are enjoying some particularly gorgeous weather and playing outside is a joy. Bubbs seems to be doing really well with school and it is lovely when he reads us his book....my child is learning to read and it is so wonderful watching his little face when he finishes a story. He read the Very Hungry Caterpillar to the girlies last night and obviously couldn't read it all but you could see him actually reading the words he recognised and then saying the rest from memory but he loved it. He especially liked it when Jim Jam took over and carried on from memory too, he kept saying how clever she was as she had learnt to read. Bless him.

I am beginning to panic a bit with my in laws coming to stay, it is only a week away now. I am putting immense pressure on myself in my head of all the things I want done before they arrive. As you may know Jen and I started to decorate last week, well it is still in the same state as we left it due to laziness and Hubby or I being out. But there are so many other things I want done for my own piece of mind but if I thought rationally would realise they really don't matter. I just want them to have a wonderful time and I know they will with the children and that is the whole reason they are coming, not to see whether or not I have cleaned the loos!!

Wow, carried on a bit there didn't I. Anyway on another note, I am doing the Race for Life in May and have put a sponsorship button up if anyone is interested.
xx

5 comments:

Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

so glad that the kids are enjoying the weather...hope your visit goes well!

Joy@WDDCH said...

I'm glad to see busy Moms! You're not just staying at home, doing nothing. You're doing SOMETHING and I love it!

Anyway, so very sweet about Bubbs encouraging his sister. Seriously SO sweet!

Living the Dream said...

Oh bless, Bubbs reading to our girlies. Oh how I love those children of yours, particularly when they are being good for their mummy. :-) Don't worry about the house, really, as you say, they are coming to see you not the house. Listen to me, the one who went around like a blue-arse fly before you arrived trying to get everything ready. I love you.

Ris said...

The reading thing is SO cute and would love to see pics next time!

grindelsmom said...

We are coming to see you all, not the house. PLEASE don't wear yourself out. MIL