Tuesday 3 March 2009

A Mothers intuition and a Mothers guilt!!

That's right, all in one day.

My day started ok, we slept most of the night only woken a couple of times by Bubbs wanting a drink....not sure why. But that did mean that the girlies slept for the first time in a couple of weeks.

Jim Jam woke quite happy with no snot trails on her face, Moodle on the other hand had such a horrible case of pink eye it looks like she had been beaten. It was also nursery day. I made the decision early on that neither of them were going to go, mostly because I didn't really want to have to go out again at 12 to pick them up but also because Moodle really couldn't and Jim Jam had been ill for the week and even though she was better it was nice to have her home and better.

On the way back from dropping Bubbs at school with my friend Jen I meet one of my other friends taking her daughter to nursery. Between us all we decide that Jim Jam should go as she looks and is acting fine. So, out of the pram she hops and off she goes. I then go home and convince myself that I have been making excuses for her and I am actually worried about separating them. More on this later. It's raining at pick up so I take the car and my friend to collect our girls. When I get there I meet the head outside who tells me Jim Jam has fallen asleep and do I want to go straight in to get her. Once in the car she won't talk to me...I know she is only 2 but I swear she was ignoring me!!!!!

We get home and she proceeds to scream and cry for the about an hour when eventually we all 3 of us crash on the sofa and fall asleep...the girls end up sleeping for 2 1/2 hours and when they wake up Jim Jam is no happier. She is now pulling at both ears and one of them is leaky....the guilt builds from here.

Call and get an emergency appt for 545pm, call Jen to have her look after Bubbs for a bit longer, he goes swimming with her on a Tues eve thank goodness and try to keep Jim Jam happy till docs.

Come out of docs with antibiotics for Jim Jam and eye drops for Moodle. Get to Jens burst into tears, other friend Vicky also there, she goes to get scripts for me, I take kids home and medicated once Vix comes back with them and supper..God bless my friends, thank you Lord.
I had actually already put a lasagne in the oven that another friend had given me yesterday, again I am soooo blessed.
Anyway, long story short....listen to that intuition any mothers out there.
xx

9 comments:

Anne Elizabeth said...

I'm sorry you've had such a tough time with the kids being sick. I know how tough that is.

Living the Dream said...

Oh bless, I feel as though I should be there to help you, though all the children want is their mummy when they are not well. I will send them more magic kisses over the phone. I love you all very much.

Sadia said...

Poor all of you! May you all be better in a hurry!

Joy said...

Don't beat yourself up! So often I make the wrong calls or wish I had spoken up about something. Just today I was arguing with myself about an issue.

Being a mom is hard!

Living the Dream said...

Hello again darling, Joy is right, being a mum is very hard and you ALWAYS feel guilty, like I do now. Can't wait for you to come for the weekend, I will let you sleep the whole time if you want and feed you in your bed :-) I love you.

Grace Acres said...

so sorry your day was so stressing, and I hope the girls start feeling much better soon and life can resume as usual.

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

That is soo hard. I am glad everyone has the medication they need and isn't mother's intuition such a wonderful gift? But leave that guilt at the door.

Vicky T said...

Hi Vix - I think you made the right decision at the time - go with things and stop beating yourself up - Jim Jam was probably more cross that tother wasnt there than having poorly ears!!! They have short memories dont they - hope dinner tasted yummy!

Ris said...

I am sorry you are having such a rough time! It's super hard with TWO, much less three! I am so glad you have such an awesome support base of people to help you out.