Wednesday 18 November 2009

Christmas Fair

All is sick in the house, or at least 2 of the 3 kids are.....Bubbs and JimJam got horrid coughs and intermittent temps so off school today!

I am gearing up to do my first big Christmas fair at our Womens group evening...I am really excited, spent last night pricing up things and putting them all into nice display baskets. I just love this fair as it really starts the ball rolling on the season.

Not much else to report but want to try to start posting more regularly now as a fellow blogger and loyal reader commented the other day that I really ought to!!! So here goes....

Babysitting for a friend tonight and get to watch 'Last Chance Harvey' which I am looking forward to as Hubby wouldn't really like it so get to have a girly eve at someone elses house which is always good cos you can't do any other jobs apart from relax..... woo hoo

December is coming up and I have just been filling up my new replacement diary and man we are busy, I tell you once the kids start school it goes mad there are fairs, lunches, plays, discos and all other number of things that I have got to remember and before that I am actually hosting Thanksgiving lunch here after church (in honour of Hubby) on the 28th and so far I can only find canned pumpkin for 2.87 plus shipping (that is GBP but stupid computer won't give me the sign)....I am going to have to go for it as you just can't have Thanksgiving lunch without Pumpkin pie!! How much fun will that be though as we really do have so much to be thankful for even if we aren't in the USA!!
xx

5 comments:

Julie said...

So what did you think of Last Chance Harvey? I've been curious to watch it.

Sounds like the Christmas Fair would be neat--I always love stuff like that! It's so weird to see Christmas decor at all the stores because it doesn't feel like winter (or the X-mas season) yet. I hope you sell a lot of your goods at the fair!
And I hope the kids are all better soon!

apple tree quilter said...

Do you want me to send you some pumpkin seeds? Then next year, you'll have your very own! BUT trying to make pumpkin puree from a real pumpkin is a REAL pain. Better I just send you some canned stuff. Good luck with dinner. You are such a dear to hold Bill's holidays for him.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear the family is sick ... that's never fun. Sending lots of healthy thoughts your way.

Enjoy the Christmas craft fair - I just love those and usually spend far too much money when it's available.

apple tree quilter said...

Update on the pumpkin caper. Due to the rainy summer and fall in the mid-west, there is a shortage of pumpkin in the U.S.A. Thankfully, I always have a can or two in my pantry.
Actually, only one company says they will have a shortage, but thought it was funny that you were just contemplating buying a can.

Vixbil said...

Jewels, it was good, I cried but have to say used to cry at AT&T ads so doesn't say much for me!
Appletree quilter, you are so sweet, how funny that there is a shortage there. Stores over here just don't sell it end of story, going to go with the $5 can of it that I have found on internet as need it for next weekend, argh!
xx