Wednesday 4 November 2009

Thiefs, you are not going to get me down!!!!!!!!!!

Firstly, thank you for all the lovely and supportive comments left for me, it is so nice to know people do actually read what I write especially as I hadn't done for so long.

Mentally, I am doing great. I still get cross with the kids but with CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) which I am still learning to get to grips with and all my outside worries etc still being there I am feeling BETTER, woo hoo. All my children are being great. The girlies are playing together beautifully when Bubbs is at school now without nearly as much fighting. Anyone who reads this who has twins with older siblings will relate as when all 3 of them are together it is much harder work than if there is just the 2, be it the 2 of them or 1 of them with Bubbs. I am sure that is nothing to do with twins just 3 siblings. This is making life much easier though because I don't feel like a boxing referee all the time and the house just feels lighter.

Bubbs is doing better at school which I am really happy about and we got his school pix back today which is just so cute!!!! He is doing really well, no extremely well at his swimming lessons too and can pretty much swim. We did quite a lot of nothing over the half term school break. It was nice for all of us not to have to get up and out by 810am for school and we had a couple of PJ days. We saw no one from school and just really connected as a family. Hubby was off from the weds till tuesday which was awesome! Weds, Hubby and girlies went to the beach with the dog and had a blast and I spent the day with Bubbs. We were all supposed to do the beach thing but Bubbs said he didn't feel well so we stayed home but when I suggested doing something just the 2 of us he perked up....I am thinking he just needed some mummy time (bless). We walked into town for a couple of errands and then I took him to lunch which was lovely. Because of this, Hubby and I are now going to make a conscious effort to do things with all of them individually more often, esp Bubbs at the minute. However guilty this makes me feel saying it, I think my mental state over the summer affected him far more than I realised or even thought about. We always knew and had planned that we would be doing this but for some reason just didn't seem to think about doing it when they were so young...but I guess they are not actually that young anymore

Friday we went to stay with my Godparents, suzjim...that is what the kids call them. I love going there as we are thoroughly spoilt and it is like going on a mini break with the kids,who get equally spoilt. We went to a water park pool, you know the ones with wave machines and tubes and all had a BLAST, staying really late and just having a great time. All of this was marred by the fact that my hand bag got stolen!! Luckily, they didn't take the car but very kindly did leave the keys in the front seat (bizarre I know). The whole thing has cost me a fortune as we had to change the locks because my house keys and driving license were both in there! Also, our house insurance doesn't cover it as personal possessions is an 'optional extra'. But, it is only material so I have to let it go.

Saturday we came home, changed the locks and lazed about. Spending tea time having a KFC floor picnic watching family TV it was like something out of a movie and just as cool as it sounds.
Sunday we got back in the car and headed back to my grand parents after church, it was Church parade so Hubby was in his scout role and Bubbs joined him. He loves doing that it makes him feel so grown up. We had a lovely day with the grand parents and all in all this was the best school break ever. Made even more perfect by the fact that my mum came home sunday night too and is staying with us for a couple of weeks......I love her and having her here is a God send, literally.

Monday was back to school for Bubbs which was fine. Hubby was off too as it was our wedding anniversary....13 years! I love him more now than I ever did and cannot and wouldn't want to imagine life without him. He is my rock and however crappy I am with him he still loves me and after the year I have had mentally that is pretty impressive. I love you babe. We went out for a pretty crappy lunch with the kids and mum but still had a lovely day.

All back to normal now, everyone back where they should be and everyone happy. It's been a long time since I was able to say that and yes, I am relishing it.
xx

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you, Vicki. I'm glad to hear that you're feeling good and relishing in the happiness; I hope it sticks and is permanent in your life because it's soooo very important.

Holliday Family said...

yay! Good for you Vix! Tony has "Daddy days" with our kids - last Saturday he took Daniel to the Natural History Museum on his own and they had a blast. It's a recent thing, and doesn't happen very often (so that it's a treat) but we ALL love it!

Sadia said...

I'm glad you're well. Sorry about the bag, though.

Clare said...

So proud of you babe. Love you ALL
Take Care
xx

apple tree quilter said...

You know when life is a struggle, there's always light at the end of the tunnel! Glad you are getting help.

What a drag to have your bag stolen. We went through that in Spain on vacation. Always a bummer. No wonder I haven't heard from your Mother. Tell her hi from me.