Tuesday 18 May 2010

Same old, same old!

Bit like the title at the minute. Things are plodding along, girls nursery, Bubbs school. Me coffee mornings for school, Governor meetings and related stuff and a lot of demoralisation. It is always the same, however much you try to help, volunteer, do stuff that you really would rather not it is always the same.

I remember when I was younger both my sister and I competed in gymnastics and I mean seriously. We both trained every evening and on weekends and the gym was a 30 - 40 minute car journey away and it was just the norm for us......HOW DID MY PARENTS DO IT!! Yes we were good and we enjoyed it, but we competed most weekends up or down the country and I remember it was always the same parents that helped mine included and it must have been so frustrating for them cos no one else bothers!!!!! Bit like now, I'm really trying with certain things but still not getting results. Also, I sometimes think, well know really that too much knowledge can be a bad thing however much you think you want to know, when your children are involved sometimes ignorance is BLISS.

Wow sorry for the cryptic blog, can't go to into detail but lets just say it is hard work at the mo!

On the brighter side, half term is first week of June and Bill has got the time off which will be fab, we have friends coming down on the first weekend then on the following one my sister is coming up to visit and Bill and I are going to a wedding, on our own.....wowzers!! In London too and I have to dress up!!!!!

3 comments:

Sadia said...

I'm sorry things are frustrating, but please remember to share pictures of you all dressed up for the wedding!

apple tree quilter said...

Volunteering always falls to the same few people in every organization. My Dad always said it was the "Dirty Dozen" or "Dirty Half-Dozen" who shouldered all the responsibilities. Of course EVERYONE takes credit for all the great stuff which is accomplished. I look at it this way, I do it for me or my girls when they were young. If others benefit from my work, so be it. It will just make you crazy if you worry that others don't do their share. Their LOSS!!!!! Keep up the good work!

Yes, we want to see pix of you and Bill all "duded up"!! Have a great time.

stacey said...

You are very blessed to have great parents& you kids are blessed to have a mommy like you:)It is very frustrating -when parents don't do there fair share!

I want to see pictures of you all dressed up!!! That will be nice for you to get out with just your hubby:)