Wednesday 2 June 2010

Update and soooo much other news!!

Firstly, thanks for all the comments about the ofsted inspection. It went really well, our children and teachers were amazing and I think that the inspectors really got how our school works and how well everyone is doing. We don't get the official results for about 3 weeks but the feedback we had seemed positive which is awesome.

On other news we are moving Bubbs school. I know, weird considering the above but actually it has nothing to do with school or him actually more to do with the girls. We have been thinking for a while now about how we are going to deal with identical twin girls in the same class. When we originally chose schools we picked a school which was much bigger than the one we are in now and has a 3 form intake which would have been really big for Bubbs to cope with but a much better option for the girls later on down the line. Because of the catchment system here we didn't get any of our chosen schools and got given St B's, at first it was a choice I was completely against but once I visited and met our awesome Headteacher I went for it. I became a Governor and supported the school as much as I could. But, there is always only going to be one class for each year.

Anyway, last week just as we heard about the ofsted report I heard rumours that there were some places in another local school which is just starting to have a 2 form intake starting this sept, so the girls can be in separate classes! We went to see it friday having spoken to our Head after the inspection to let her know what we were doing and why. The school was great, the Head there amazing and very similar ethics to our current Head and to cut a long story short we took the place. It was either that or go on a waiting list for next year which I really didn't want to do. It did end up that Bubbs last day at his school was that day but we didn't tell him that till the weekend. He is being fine about it actually and seems quite excited which helps. We all received a letter from our old Head yesterday, one addressed to Hubby and I which was really supportive and then one for Bubbs telling him what a great adventure this was going to be and how proud she was of him! She even wrote that his new Head is a friend of hers so she would always ask after him. She enclosed a cute book for him too. He was so thrilled!

I plan to stay on as a Governor at St Bs as long as they will have me as I really enjoy doing that and really believe in what the school is doing and want to support it as much as I can.

So all new here. We are on half term here this week so it's been real busy, guests here over weekend, trip with school today to beach (fun and nice weather), Bubbs goes cycling with Hubby tomorrow and then my sis arrives Fri for weekend and we have the wedding on saturday! So busy and so fun.
To any other twin mums out there, what do you all think about separate classes for twins??
xx

4 comments:

apple tree quilter said...

You have been busy. Congratulations on the inspection. I had no doubt you'd do well. I believe you've made the right decision about putting the kids in another school in order to seperate the girls in classes. This way, they will both be able to develop and grow at their own rate.

I had to smile when you said you wanted to stay on as governor at the old school. I have a very good friend who home-schools her two teenagers (the woman is out of her mind) and she was elected to the local school board. But like you, she wants the best for the local schools.

Have a wonderful time at the wedding and be sure to send pics!!!

Anne Elizabeth said...

That is wonderful news about the inspection!

It sounds like the new school will be a nice fit for all your kids. Does your son get a summer break?

Enjoy the wedding:)

Sadia said...

I'm starting to go into panic mode as I consider all the different things that go into school choice for my two.

I definitely want my daughters to be in different classrooms in elementary (primary) school because Melody tends to like to answer for/speak for Jessica, and Jessie usually lets her. However, I'm not opposed to them being in the same class once they've established their comfort zones in school, particularly if they end up being in a program for gifted children.

However, I think staying in the same class is the right answer for some sets of twins, even identicals.

stacey said...

YA-Thats awesome about the inspection!!!

I went to school with a few sets of twin & they were always seperated. I think it will give them a chance to have there own time!?!Maybe- I'm not sure? There are twins in Josh's class & last week after graduation the one came up to me and told me how they were going to be in different classes next year- & she looked like she was going to cry:(