Sunday 4 July 2010

Such a weekend!

Firstly, not great news on my Dad. He went for the results of his MRI, basically hoping to get the date for his surgery and it has shown up something in his hip bone. He had an xray and bone scan that day and is now waiting for the results. For my US friends, the NHS is AMAZING, but unlike over there where there is mostly private health care we have alot more waiting and that is what we are doing again. We have just waited 2 weeks for the results of the MRI and are now waiting for the next lot. This was not expected at all so has thrown my dad for six but we are coping. Please can I ask for you to keep him and my mum in your prayers at this time.

On a much, much lighter note we did have a wonderful weekend. On saturday, Bill and my dad took my kids to Bedgebury, leaving mum and I with a morning to ourselves. We both had a few errands to run in town and of course just had to have a Starbucks!! Mmmmm tall skinny decaf hazlenut latte! We met a friend in town too for a catch up. I sadly managed to get a few christmas pressies on sale in Fenwicks which I hate admitting to but they were lovely. It was a boiling hot day so it was just nice being out with my mum. In the evening we had been invited to a private park in town for a party. It was being held in a 9 acre park surrounded by houses and you can only access it through gardens of houses surrounding it. Wow what a wonderful experience. We could certainly never afford to live in this area but it is lovely having such generous friends who extend hospitality to us. We started off in one of the gardens with Pimms ( my fave summer tipple) and they had a massive trampoline which the kids loved and it was such a picturesque sunny evening. We then moved down to the park, each house had a table and bbq set up and we all hung out eating amazing food and drinking more Pimms. The kids just ran round like loons hero worshipping all the other older children. William sat by himself right in front of the bands mesmerised....there is something sooo cool about watching live music. He particularly like our friend playing in his band. They managed to stay up till 10pm before it all became to much. But soooo worth it.
Today, we became Godparents to the gorgeous Molly Mae. Our lovely friends put on a wonderful celebration after church with loads of us in another AMAZING garden. We lazed about eating and drinking and the kids again had a ball!

What a fab time we had in a rather dark time. Mum and dad joined us on Saturday night but fancied a quiet one this afternoon so just came to church.

What did you guys get up too?
xx

2 comments:

apple tree quilter said...

It's the 4th of July here, which means all kinds of crazies on the roads, so we stayed home. Korey came out and we decorated some clay pots with beads, stones, beach glass and shells. Lots of fun. We plan to do it again when Hannah comes for a visit the end of July. Today is also my Mom's 84th b-day. I called early and good thing. She was off to church, lunch and then dinner out. Have to make an appointment to see her. Hope I'm half as active when I get to her age.

Now about your parents. Tell them they have so many prayers and thoughts are going out to and about them, that God's site has threatened to go down several times this month! Having lived in Germany with their medical system, I preferred it to the one here any day. You may not have to wait, but the cost will make you sick just to think of it. Happy thoughts!

Anne Elizabeth said...

I am sorry to hear about your dad. You are all in my prayers!