Sunday 3 October 2010

October!

I love October and from what I have read recently on Facebook and other blogs lots of other people do too. Only problem here is that it starting raining yesterday at 11am and hasn't really stopped since.

I'm still running and am now trying to go with a running group on a Thursday night with Lou, my 10k buddy, and it is actually really fun. Can you believe I am saying running is fun but it is. I started off running with headphones and stopped because of an article I read and didn't think I would be able to run past a mile but am loving it. I use the time to pray and when it is a crisp cool morning I feel such peace. I've even started buying a women's running magazine which I find quite hilarious (the fact that I'm buying it and reading it) not the actual magazine.

Dad is doing well all things considered. The surgery went well and to be honest he is doing brilliantly but he is very frustrated..... it has only been a week but he just wants to be well NOW. Thank you to all of you praying and asking after him. Mum is doing ok too, she is just as frustrated and even though the kids are loud and sometimes annoying I hope that they provide a distraction for them both. They are being really good and not bothering Grampie much at all. They certainly aren't clambering all over him!

I haven't managed to do much work this summer. I am trying to set up an open house at mine for Christmas products which will be fun. I'm going to scout around for some local crafty talent to come too, it is nice to sell products next to other people. I'm still trying to find traders to join my team but just haven't managed to get out there yet at all, but I will. I do really love it and once the girls go to school I will need to make money from it too, which I know I can. I love having a team too, it gives me much more umpf to keep going.

Mum just asked me if I was putting any pictures on here and I'm not this time but promise I will soon.

That's it really, children are all doing well at school and only 3 weeks now till half term then it's all heading to Christmas!!
xx

2 comments:

Clare said...

My fav time of year... today is the perfect Autumn day here. Brilliant sunshine, blue skies but nippy so you have to wrap up - LOVELY.
C
xx

apple tree quilter said...

We had a really hot September, so I'm glad for the cool mornings and wonderful sunny days. We watched some of the Ryder Cup Golf tournament over the weekend and saw how much rain you've been having. Not my favorite thing, buit we could use some moisture. No rain since July 11th. Dry and dusty!

You say you haven't done much this summer. WELL, I'm here to say that with three little ones, you do an undeniably lot of things for your family and yourself. Keep up with the running, especially now that you've decided you really like it.

Your Mom said they would probably go to your grandparents for a while. Keep me updated, if you could. Sharlene