Thursday 23 September 2010

What have I done since the girls birthday, I'm not even sure myself. Dad had his surgery yesterday and it went well. He is waiting to hear if he can come home today but sounds like he might be staying in. We are off to our friends this weekend to give them a bit of space and peace and quiet for recovery as having all the children around him is going to be a bit tough to start off with.

Fair amount of normal stuff going on here though, William started Beaver scouts last week. A friend of mine was helping out in the group and said he came in bouncing and didn't stop the whole session. He LOVED it and can't wait for tonight. He also started doing gym in the after school program yesterday and really enjoyed that too. Cycling seems to be his main passion at the moment much to his daddys delight. The girls are loving their new nursery, I'm still struggling with them going in the afternoon rather than the morning just because I don't get to see my friends as much as we are child free at different times. Also, Phoenix wise most people want parties either in the evening or the morning. If it is a good friend I can take the girls but not really to a new clients.

I've managed to get a few bits of work done over the past couple of weeks but really need to step it up a bit heading towards Christmas. Bill is doing good as well but working alot at the moment what with Freshers week and all. So much day to day stuff and not enough time to do it.

Running is going well though. I ran with a group last week which was fab.. we did 3 miles and it was really good in a group and I got to run in a place in town that I don't know which makes for a good time. I then thought I would step my mileage up a bit and planned a route with map my run that came out at 3.5 miles. I ran it and was sooooo pleased with myself. When I got back I met my neighbour who is a keen runner and she told me I had just done 4 miles!!!!!!! Can you imagine how chuffed I was. So exciting!! I ran again on Monday just a short one but haven't managed again since. I will have to go in the morning early as I won't manage with the group tonight. I am dreaming of getting myself a piece of kit that will be a luxurious necessity (if there is such a thing) it's the Garmin Forerunner 110 it's £169 here so am starting to look in the US to see if it is cheaper! Definitely can't afford it but both Bill and I would use it so it would be cool!

Hope this finds everyone well, still reading blogs and love keeping up with everyone
xx


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, the Garmin Forerunner is definitely a splurge but every single person I know who has it absolutely adores it.

SOOOOOO proud of you with all the running, my dear! You rock and I bet you're feeling pretty wonderful.

Sadia said...

How is your Dad doing?

I'm so impressed that you're running! I did nothing yesterday but eat chocolate, and I need to recenter and start exercising.