Thursday 17 November 2011

A little bit of moomin

2 weeks ago I was on the phone to my mum saying that Bill was going away for nearly a week with work and man, I was busy with Phoenix.....did she fancy coming to stay and give me a hand.......

Nothing unusual with that for most people I should imagine EXCEPT, my mum is petrified of flying!  I would never have expected her to come and only really said it in jest.  I went on with my day, kids school run, Curves, errands then came home about lunch time to listen to 2 messages saying give her a call.....I did....and she asked me to pick her up at the airport the next evening!!!!!  I was beyond excited and so pleased for her.  Well, 2 weeks has passed, way to quickly and she is now back in France.....having flown home by herself!  I am so proud of her for doing this and really, really hope that she now knows in her heart that she can do it again, she may hate it but she knows it is now possible.  It was sooo lovely having her here, it made the week Bill was away doable, I really didn't want to have to turn work down and knowing the kids were with her was so much nicer and easier than having to land them with my very kind friends.  Also, we got to do lots of Christmas shopping and coffee and breakfasts out, which has just been lovely.

I love you moomin and can't wait for you to come again.   Again, I am sooo proud of you and Thank you xxxxx

1 comment:

Misty said...

that's awesome!