Tuesday 14 February 2012

Kinect, A&E and they are not related!!!!!!

So, it is half term and so far we have been to A&E once and it is only tuesday!

Yesterday, Jaime swallowed a magnet!  Mmmm, I know!  It took alot to get her to admit she swallowed it though, basically she kept playing jokes on me, this went on for an hour or so, so much so that in the end I had no idea whether she was joking or not!  I had to scare her into telling me. (not my proudest parenting moment)  Anyway, we shot off to A&E after looking it up on NHS direct, had an Xray which all the kids got to have a look at and thought was brilliant.  It was already in her stomach so we were sent home to just let it come out naturally!  The joy of parenting!

Last night, we woke to Millie barking like a seal....croup had returned, again, the joy of parenting!  She is fine today quite croaky but hopefully we are in for a quiet night tonight.

Going back in time though, we had a fab weekend.  We got a Xbox Kinect......my girlfriends from school all gave me vouchers for my 40th, with the idea that it could be towards a Kinect for the family.  We got it this weekend and it is a blast, I love it, Bill is playing it right now and the kids love it.  I do have to limit them though as they get a little crazy after a while, taking turns is so hard!  But it is a great thing that we can actually all do together!  I NEVER thought I would say that about a computer game but there you go!

The rest of half term I am hoping is going to be less eventful and hopefully we might even get a bit of sunshine!!!  If we do I'm heading to the coast with the kids for a bit of a winter walk xx
x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I feel for you over the magnet situation, it's hard getting the kids to come clean sometimes.

The Kinect sounds awesome! We have an xbox console and are seriously considering the Kinect. Some of the games look like so much fun.

Living the Dream said...

Perhaps I will pluck up courage to have a go next time we're back