Tuesday 14 February 2012

A non valentine Valentine

The snow has gone and it is back to being grey and miserable!  February is always so hard!  It is Valentines Day and I am blogging and Bill is playing on the Kinect (more about that later), we don't really do Valentines.  Mainly because of the money, but also, Nov is our anniversary, Dec is Christmas and January is both our birthdays!!  Could it get more expensive!  Luckily our children were born in the summer months!  But also it is just that we don't feel the need for a day to express our 'love' for each other.  Every so often Bill will come home with a bunch of flowers, or some other token and I will take that over a double the price bunch of red roses any day..BTW yellow roses are my fav, red is so cliche!  He makes me laugh, he gives the best hugs, he is a great dad, he works his butt off providing for our family allowing me to stay at home with our children, he loves my family, he is fab at quizzes (I can't answer anything), he loves playing games, he is loyal and passionate and he is a man of God.  For me, I couldn't ask for more.  Little did I know that when I went to nanny for a friend I would meet the man I was going to marry...He had me at Hello! 

Happy Valentine babe
xx

2 comments:

apple tree quilter said...

Yellow roses are also my favorite. It is so wonderful to hear of your sincere love for Bill. Ron was never much for Valentines, but like you I'll take a surprise bouquet any day. Have a great one and give Bill a hug for me. Mom Weiser

Living the Dream said...

Bless - keep it special