Tuesday 13 March 2012

Sooooooooooooooooo busy!

Sometimes life just happens and you really don't get chance to stop and think about what you are doing day to day dont ya think!!

This year has gone incredibly quickly.  Jan was dark and miserable but full of birthday celebrations, Feb, well I don't really even remember it and now suddenly we are in the middle of March.  This month for me has been full of work and meetings.....it has been good, I have been doing more card selling raising money for the school, my Governor commitments have been huge this month and I am reeling with the amount of reading and information I am having to take on board.  I feel like I haven't really seen the children as much as normal but then that is not always a bad thing because they are being equally stimulated and challenged in their environment.  And to top it off, I looked in my diary today to kind of figure out the rest of the month and realised Bill goes away next Thursday!!  That's right folks, he is away for 10 days in Taipei for a worldwide work conference.  My gorgeous hard working, loyal American husband is representing GB professionals in his field...He even has to wear GB kit.!!!!  So funny, but I tell you what, he is majorly excited.  I am excited for him too, but for me, not so much.  During the week it is fine him being away, normally he has left the house before the kids are downstairs and not back till they are in bed, so apart from the adult conversation after 7pm nothing really changes there...BUT, he is away for 2 weekends....not quite so nice.  You are in no mans land on the weekend, you can't really see anyone as they are all having family time and really do feel a bit like 'Billy no mates!'  Anyway, I CANNOT complain, it is 10 days not months like some of my blogging buddies go thru with their deployed partners,  but for me, it is VERY unusual!.

Anyway, that is me.  William is in a football tournament tomorrow which should be fun to watch after school and I am planning on going to see The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel with my movie girlfriend.  We try to go once a month but not sure we managed it is Feb????

What are you all up too???
x

4 comments:

Misty said...

SO glad you posted... busy is good... good is busy!

you know what I'm up to. :( allow me to live vicariously through your busy.

Vixbil said...

Misty, it was inspired by your post....all of us have such weird lives but blogging kind of brings us all together
xx

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to read this, V! It's crazy how much I miss you on Facebook and I'm not even on there that much myself :)

I know what it's like having those solo weekends. Right now Colin is in his busiest time of year — last weekend was and next is going to be tough! To top it off it's Spring Break for two weeks here and we didn't make any kind of day plans ... yeesh.

Take care!!

xo

apple tree quilter said...

How very proud of Bill you must be. You'll be fine while he's gone and think how much you'll appreciate him being home again! Keep those kiddos busy on the weekends and you'll be surprised how quickly it goes.