Sunday 10 February 2008

An end to the weekend

Don't you just hate sunday nights, hubby get stressed because of work tomorrow and I have just finished the most enormous pile of ironing! It seems like only a few seconds ago I was doing my first post talking about ironing sorry, be assured this is another weeks lot and not a rollover!

Anyway, we did have rather a lovely day. Bubbs woke up with a horrible croupy cough and not in the best of moods, once the inhaler had been dosed he did seem to get better but it did mean we skipped church. This meant I did have time to properly prepare lunch which was good as we had another family coming over. Have to say since we have had children I have learnt to cook. Didn't really do it before it always seemed so pointless when there was only 2 of you and you were working odd hours, I do quite like it now and made a really yummy lamb hot pot! My mum and sis would have been proud of me, tee hee.

The day was beautiful again and hubby had been cycling this morning with one of the friends coming for lunch and he came back on a real high, he hasn't had a good time like that for a while as it has been so wet. We all went for a walk after lunch. We had bought the girlies little back packs that incorporate reins so we all walked. It took rather a while and there was lots of falling over and even more paddys because they didn't like not controlling where they were going but we got there in the end. Once there it was great the sun was shining and it wasn't too busy. Bubbs kept trying to join in with some older boys digging a big hole but they weren't really having any of it, in the end I saw him go off by himself. I felt my heart breaking at that point and went to join him, the response I got was "come on mummy we can dig a bigger hole than them over there" I loved him so much at that point I thought my heart would burst! The girlies had a great time they loved the slide or rather Moodle did, Jim Jam just liked standing at the top screeching as loud as possible.

I am going to try to post some pix tomorrow so watch this space. Speak soon xx

1 comment:

Raindrops said...

Hi
I was reading you mums blog and thought I would pop over to say hello. My ironing is a mile high at the moment in fact I feel I never get it cleared since I have to wash everyday. If its not kids clothes its bedding if not bedding its towels and on it goes. Tricia