Tuesday 12 February 2008

How bad can monday morning be???

Do you ever have it when you get up in the morning and you just don't know what you are supposed to be doing and wonder why there isn't a manual you can follow? That is how I felt this morning and I am sure I am not the only one.

In my last blog I was going on about how I didn't relish sunday nights, little did I know then just quite how bad my sunday night/monday morning was going to be. It all started about 1am, when I was woken by the sound of Bubbs barking like a dog, anyone else who has had children that suffer with croup will know exactly what this sounds like. Anyway, I ran downstairs and he was really struggling to breathe, he is 3 and has had croup probably once a month till about 8 mths ago so this is quite a normal occourance for us. This time it was different, I haven't actually ever been really worried about it so when I said to my husband I was going to take him to A and E I think he thought I would be back in an hour or so. A and E is only 2mins away in the car and the only thing I really remember about that journey was the fact that hubby took Bubbs out to the car in his underwear, he was so worried he didn't even care if the neighbours saw him bearing in mind it was 1am that was unlikely but who knows. The docs were great and dished out some steroids and ventolin and transferred us to the paeds ward another 10 mins car journey away. By this time Bubbs is thoroughly enjoying his "adventure" as so far he has aquired a new teddy and is spotting the badgers and foxes on the way. Paeds was great too, but we didn't get to sleep finally till 430am and Bubbs woke at 550am wanting to play with the train set he had spotted when we checked in. I kept telling him we couldn't get up till the nurses came in and about 645 a church friend of ours who is a nurse, popped her head round our door wondering how we were and if we wanted breakfast. It is so lovely seeing a friendly face when you are in a place like that, bless her. We were finally allowed to leave at 1145am after the consultant had checked us out and confirmed that Bubbs also has an innocent heart murmur...what a night/day. 2 visits to the A and E in less than a month is more than I can take.

This morning though Bubbs was still coughing although has gotten better throughout the day, but somedays you just don't have a clue where to start. One thing I have gotten out of both the A and E experiences is thought is that my children are fantastic and amaze me more everyday. Moodle had to have 2 of her bottom milk teeth pulled out root and all with no anaesthetic and she was a star through all of this and Bubbs was so calm and compliant last night I could not have been more proud. All the docs who examined both of them said what wonderful patients they were, now I am not that naive and know they probably say that to all the children but it still seems special when they say it about yours.
Thanks for reading and speak soon

2 comments:

Clare said...

Poor Bubbaloo. Give him a HUGE hug from his Auntie - I just so wish I was closer.
Love you all
C
xx

Living the Dream said...

Bless him, of course he is a star, they all are, they come from good breeding stock :-) Pleased they are all OK now and will talk soon.
Love you lots.
Moomin
xxx