Saturday 9 February 2008

What a beautiful day!

Woke this morning to the most lovely sunshine we have had for a long time and it's the weekend which meant hubby didn't have to go to work, yippee. We actually got a bit of a lie in and had the most lazy morning we didn't actually all get downstairs for breakfast till 830am which for us is wonderful.

Finally made it to my grandparents today as the girlies were as healthy as they will ever be in the winter so we went for it. A fantastic visit with them helped by the fact that sis showed up too. How nice to get 2 visits done at one time and the children just adore her. We did some yard work for Gramps, Bubbs worked like a trooper bless him and the girlies just ran round the garden screaming with delight, having sunshine just seems to make everything so much easier doesn't it? Mind you, Nan and Gramps have the most enormous pond and trying to keep both girlies away from it was hard work I could have done with a lassoo (sp). We treated ourselves with fish and chips for lunch which was yummy and not very WW at all, but you've got to have some food excitement in life. I can't just read Clarabelle Sprinkles section on food every night and drool over the macaroni cheese pix.

Had another surprise today too, I had been out when a package arrived on Wed so hubby collected it for me today. Wasn't expecting anything so was a little bit excited, what do I open but my own Ollie and Nic bag! My gorgeous sis had bought me one too, I have yet to post any pix on this blog but there is one on hers and my bag is the same but brown. The lining is amazing and I filled it up straight away, there are so many fab little pockets. Aren't I lucky. I have felt really spoilt this week so thank you everybody. I love the fact that I have found this blog so relaxing and am finding that throughout the day I am thinking about things that happen and whether I can write about them, which has got to be good thing as it makes you appreciate what is going on around you a bit more.

Last but not least, all 3 children were just lovely at my nans, seeing the girlies running around in the garden was priceless and Bubbs was so excited at being able to help with his own shovel that Gramps had found him. Speak soon xx

1 comment:

Clare said...

enjoy the bag hon

xx