Thursday 7 February 2008

Heavy like double cream.

Oh my goodness, I have just had such a hard day with the children today not helped by the fact that I am hormonally challenged and I was already to have a bit of a moan on here and then I read Flossieteacakes, then the Happiness Project video, then my sisters comments on Flossie. I am constantly reminded when doing this blog that we really are loved.

Where do I start, yesterday was a lovely day. Bubbs goes to nursery in the morning and I walk really quickly to church for my WWW group, wednesday women word, or wednesday wicked witches as my husband calls us! I love this time, it is my sharing time with the wonderful women in my group who are all amazing and it is my prayer time. I prayed for my friends and what they are going through and how thankful I am to have them in my lives. I was reminded of this earlier on in the morning when I was given a present from a wonderful friends mother. She had heard that my birthday was a disaster and that I didn't have anything to open (all this is another story entirely). When presented with this amazing gift (Clarins products, yummy) I cried! Such a lovely thoughtful thing was being done for me, wow. Later on that evening I babysat so another friend could go to the evening WWW group and when she came home she was on a real high from what she had learnt and we just really appreciated being so blessed in our lives.

Sorry, I know this is heavy and maybe offputting to some but I love the fact that God loves me and wants me to do some good in my life. I don't have an amazing profession that makes a difference in the world and sometimes I wish I did, but then I have to remember that I may be looking after and nurturing someone who will. Who knows what Bubbs, Jim Jam and Moodle could be or do and we as parents have to make them ready for anything that is my job.

Today was another day entirely, didn't leave the house at all apart from to get bread to feed friends for lunch and spent my entire day having very long conversations with Bubbs about nothing. He as an amazing ability like all children to talk about anything and make you smile. My husband has just very kindly pointed out that all these conversations are so important to him though!

2 comments:

Clare said...

Love you sis

C
xxx

Living the Dream said...

I love you too. My present wasn't "gift wrapped" but you did have to take it out of the bag! Sorry about that. Good post, I love having my girlies in my laptop.
Moomin
xxx