Tuesday 5 February 2008

Puddle Jumping

Not much went on today in my world as it rained most of the day and with 3 little ones that is not fun. I did however finally return to the wonderful toddler group that goes on at our church. It is the first time I have been back since the girlies were very small and it was lovely. Bubbs loved it as a friend from nursery was there to play with and I spent my entire 2 hours chasing Jim Jam and Moodle in opposite directions. I got so many comments on how well they are doing it was a real pleasure and a workout to boot.

The afternoon brought more rain and desperately needing to go to the post office meant going into town. How do you make that attractive for a 3 year old who has to be dragged along with me, well just say you are going puddle jumping! I would like to say that it is as exciting as base jumping and it might well be for Bubbs but for me just means we might get out of the house. Going into town for the post office is one of those really annoying things too as they have just shut our local PO that was at the end of our road!!!!!!! Aaargh, can see no sense in this as I am sure the owners of the lovely newsagents that housed the PO can either. Anyway, good trip all round managed to spend £20 in Boots but got it all with advantage points which is always lovely because you feel like you have got something for free...I do tend to forget the vast amount of money I have already spent in there to accumulate said points but there you go. One thing I did purchase was some hair dye, need to save money some how so going to do my own will let you know how that goes.
Did manage to get to the gym today which was fab as it is my hour of 'me' time and I have also signed up for the 'Race for Life' June 18th. Gosh don't I sound fit!

3 comments:

Living the Dream said...

Good blog Vicki, you always used to love puddle jumping. Thank you for changing the colour from yellow, it does make it easier for the old eyes :-) Oh my goodness, your own hair colour, very brave. I need to do mine, as you know Clare did it last time. Good luck, will await the blog to find out how it goes. Love you. Moomin xxxx

Vicky T said...

Can we come too next time you do puddle jumping??

Florence Knapp (Flossie Teacakes) said...

So lovely to hear about your day...even if some of it does sound exhausting and difficult. You are such a trooper. Hope the hair-dying goes well!

Thank you for your lovely, lovely email. x