Tuesday 26 February 2008

ER/A&E/Casualty!

Whatever you want to call it, whichever country you are in you shouldn't visit the A&E as much as our family has in the last month. Anyone who read 2 blogs ago will have seen hubbys leg and as I mentioned yesterday it got worse. Well at work today a Doc whom he works with suggested that he really ought to get it seen to as there is a large haematoma and the bruising is massive as is his whole thigh. So off he trots to the minor injuries dept in London (where he works), he gets seen pretty quickly there but they wanted an opinion of an orthopaedic doc so sent him home to come to our local hospital. Long story short is that he got seen finally after 2 and half hours waiting and sent home saying not much could be done at mo but if it got worse to go and see GP asap!! All this was seen as a ploy to get out of going to a 'Two ways to Live' men's bible study by his study mate.....bless him he has gone along, without anything to eat hoping there will be plenty of paracetamol and some cake to keep him going. I have to say I am proud of how committed he is being as I am sure he would quite like to be in bed right now after such a day!

I spent the morning running errands, I had to give in some additional school forms for Bubbs application to our 3rd choice school and it was pouring with rain first thing so was dreading dragging everyone out to go but in the end it was lovely and sunny and a nice walk. This afternoon we had some friends round and it was her birthday so we had to eat cake....what I shame I hear you say and it was soooo lovely...as you can tell my WW struggle is still going. Hubbys hospital trip meant I haven't been to the gym either!

Looking forward to going back to WWW this week after half term and like a school girl am really excited as I splashed out on a new bible, I have been using my very old Good News one which I love but have finally invested in a lovely leather bound NIV study bible - gorgeous and feely in your hands and much more grown up - mind you not sure whether I should talk about a bible like that. I ordered hubby one at the same time and he wanted a pocket size one, I did laugh when they both arrived as his is a cheap and plastic as mine is lovely! It's what is inside and how you use it that counts though.

On the health front though have had the most enormous swollen glands in my neck today so hope I am not coming down with anything feel fine apart from them being really sore! Speak soon xx Wow just used spell check for the first time yippee!

1 comment:

Living the Dream said...

Oh Vicki, you poor thing, you have certainly had enough of hospitals for a while. We will call later on to see how hubby is. It must be very uncomfortable for him.
I hope all my babies are OK. It's lovely getting a new bible isn't it? Does it fit into the holder you have?
Love you loads
Moomin
xxxx