Monday 25 February 2008

Things I love

Back to normal today and it was sunny but cold. I love the sunshine and walking Bubbs to nursery this morning was a real pleasure. We get to look at all the little flowers coming out, there are some wonderful crocuses on our way and 2 trees are even in full beautiful pink bloom. Mornings like that make you feel glad to be alive!

I spent my whole morning looking at other peoples blogs, I have found such wonderful family sites which are just addictive to read and I have even flagged some of them. It is so much fun doing this and I am really enjoying it. I did start with trepidation but now can't stop! Luckily the girlies were in bed and I had already done 2 loads of laundry so didn't even feel that guilty apart from the fact that I could see the massive pile of filing that still needs sorting and filing but hey who cares. On the way home, the day still being beautiful I thought I would compose a list of 10 of my favourite things in no particular order, so here goes:

1. Sunny winter blue sky days, where you can see for miles
2. The feel of my sons hand in mine and the way he strokes my palm
3. Watching the girlies hugging each other with such love
4. The notes my husband writes in cards to me.
5. My faith
6. My family
7. Creme egg with a cup of tea
8. Going to see a good movie with hubby in the middle of the afternoon
9. Seeing my sister with my children
10 Listening to my mum and dad talking to my children on the phone

I could go on but 10 is enough for now, have a go it is really fun....although you feel a bit bad trying to prioritise and don't want to look as though some things are higher than others so that is why I have put it in no particular order it's just as it comes. Speak soon xx
BTW, hubbys leg looks far worse today the bruising has spread and the knot is much bigger so he is not a happy bunny! Bless

6 comments:

Living the Dream said...

Poor Bill, I expect he is quite sore. The 10 top things are really good and I will give some thought to mine and post them to you. Just remember I love you and that wonderful family of yours, so much it hurts sometimes.
God bless you Vicki
Love Moomin
xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I agree with your list of things you love. Holding my 2 yr old's hand is one of my own favorites!
Are you from England by any chance? I was just wondering based on how you write. My hubby and I used to live in England years ago. He was in the Air Force. We miss it. I miss McVitie's caramel digestives....yummmm.....

Melissa said...

Jewlels so right! I love McVs! I lived in London for a while and just got hooked on those and I think they were called Kinder bars! yum yum yum!

Joy said...

I think I'm going to post 10 Things I Love as well! So stop by my blog any time! I'm really enjoying yours!!!

Vixbil said...

ok, all you US friends, I am in Uk having lived in US for about 5yrs and having imported my hubby from there I'm english. Come christmas I will have to send care packages out to you all of biscuits! Yummy.

Ris said...

Didn't know you were from England! Very cool. My hubby and I visited there for a day during our honeymoon. We did go to the wrong airport on our way to Paris and ended up having to take a very smelly bus to the other one. Even though the bus was stinky, the countryside was beautiful and we really enjoyed the view! My hubby lived there for a while as a child. Would love to go back and visit another time. :-)