Friday 29 February 2008

More leg drama and the bathroom...alot!

Sorry haven't managed to post for a couple of days but been a bit ill, put it this way I know the interior of our bathrooms very well now. It is so hard being ill with children as they really do have to carry on with their day come what may so; so do you!

Yesterday, Hubby was off as he had to go back to the docs about his leg as it is decidedly worse for wear, so we made 2 appts; one for me and one for him, as my gland was still really swollen and sore and I really thought I might even have mumps...I am not normally such a hypochondriac but my neck is really sore and I have a tummy bug. Well luckily the doc we saw has, get this, 2 sets of twins and 2 singleton children so having us show up together with all 3 kids didn't phase her at all thank goodness. Anyway as usual I digress, I am ok, just real run down, my last docs visit was when I cried all the way through so she kind of guessed on that one and my gland may take a month!! to go down. Hubby on the other hand had to go back to the hospital to be seen again which he did at 1330 not to return till 1900hrs!!!!!!!!! All this while I looked after the children, who were rather amazing, from the couch apart from cooking them lunch and tea (not good when you feel nauseous). By the end of the day the house looked like a bomb had hit it but as soon as hubby returned with antibiotics I crawled up to bed and left it all to him bless his cotton socks.

Wow, what a way to unload sorry about that. Today was better, Hubby worked from home so it was a much easier day. One thing that hit us as we were putting our girlies to bed tonight though was the fact that we really cannot tell them apart unless we can see there identifiable marks. One of these is a mole on her forearm which is not visible in winter clothing and 2 missing front teeth from the birthday disaster in January. We really thought we were starting to do well until we got it so wrong tonight and really upset Bubbs as he insisted he was right and we were wrong. Sure enough he was so right! Hubby and I just looked at each other in horror, how bad are we as parents that we don't know which daughter is which unless we can remember what we dressed them in and why do most twin parents dress their children the same! When I asked Bubbs how he always knows without looking for things the answer I got was "because I am clever mummy!" You have got to love him but that really doesn't help us does it!!

Happy weekends one and all!

4 comments:

Living the Dream said...

Oh Vicki, dad and I were giggling our heads off. It is all so tragic you just have to laugh. I wish I was there to help you right now though. What a good job our boy is there to help you identify. Of course he is clever, he's my grandson!!
Love you guys.
Moomin
xxx

Clare said...

oh bless babe - sounds like you have had a nightmare week. At least when i am sick I just have to look after myself!
I wish I could help more - and I hope the leg is getting better soon. It always amazes me that no matter what the girlies are dressed in - he can ALWAYS tell them apart
Love you ALL
Clare xx

Anonymous said...

I really hope you feel better soon! It's no fun to be sick on the weekends either! And your little boy sounds precious. Kids are so innocent and perceptive, aren't they?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.