Sunday 2 March 2008

Mothers Day

It is Mothers Day here in the UK, why it is different to the US I have no ideas as Fathers Day is the same but there you go....it does mean my mother in law gets to celebrate twice lucky thing. We didn't do a huge amount different but I did get some lovely surprises that I thought I would share with you. Above is my stash of pressies, not very clear I realise, I am not the greatest photographer in the world but hey ho. In the front are some chocs which Bubbs made at nursery. I am pretty sure there are supposed to be a few more but there was a suspicious amount of chocolate around the lip area when I last picked him up. These came with a lovely card which he has written in too, all by himself with a little help, or so he says. Then there is a very funny card that he picked out with his daddy saying mummy is always carrying loads of bags, he thought this was hilarious and I thought oh so true! Inside it says bags of love, patience, kindness etc...bless. I also got a lovely M&S Green fig candle recommended by my lil sis of Clarabelle sprinkles and some lovely Clarins foaming facial wash, yummy. I only discovered Clarins very recently just before my birthday, I had always been a soap and water and oil of Olay girl myself following in my mothers footsteps but decided as I was getting on a bit that I ought to splash out on some lovely products and wow what a treat. I could live in the Clarins dept in my local store but think they might tell me off. What I have also discovered is that I think my late grandmother must have used Clarins because as I apply it onto my face I am transported back to the smell of kissing her on the cheek!
Above here is the breakfast we all sat down to before church, I made it but I have to say I did get the dippy eggs just right! Bubbs and the girlies love smashing all the finished egg carcases, roll on Easter.
The next couple of photos are mainly for the grandparents both in France and in Kentucky. Bubbs and daddy went to the park this afternoon while the girlies were napping giving me some time to read a magazine...yeah...and this is what they got up to!! How cute and please note papa that his eyes are on the ball!
While I was cooking our lunch I realised I didn't have anything for pudding so Bubbs and I made some flapjacks, we tried the Good Housekeeping recipe this time as our whole family seem to be on the eternal search for a good flapjack recipe. This is proof that we made them and that I let Bubbs help. They were yummy but still a little crumbly. Moomin used to make the best flapjacks but can't remember the exact ingredients which is a shame and I always remember being really excited about those and cornflake cakes.
Anyway, hope you have enjoyed my little ramble. I have finished my ironing for the week and am ready to face the world with a new haircut as I managed to get one this weekend, mind you no one noticed at church this morning which was a bit odd but never mind it must look ok! I have finished writing my meal planner for the rest of the month as I finally gave in and did an internet shop which should arrive on Tuesday, till then we don't really have much but cereal and soup. I will let you know how the delivery goes all my friends swear by it so hopefully fine and as for the meal planning ideas I got that idea from my other bloggy US friends. Here's to a very clued up and yummy month!

PS: off to WW tomorrow so I could be crying when post next!!

Speak soon and Happy Mothers Day to all you wonderful mothers out there who are finding time in their day to read this hopefully with a lovely cup of tea and plain chocolate digestive (make this whatever your favourite yummy snack is) xx

7 comments:

Joy said...

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!

Living the Dream said...

Hello darling, good blog. It sounds as though you had a fantastic day. Thanks for the photos.
Love you guys.
Moomin
xxx

Vicky T said...

Not msure about plain chocolate digestives - Im a friend of hob nobs!!

Melissa said...

oh what cute kids! and I just love the mug oh I love mummy! I think just cause I love how you british say mummy and we say mommy. Mummy is just soooo much sweeter! So hopefully you had a nice mummy day!

Clare said...

Hey Babe.
Enjoy the green fig candle - they are not quite the real thing "Dyptique" but they smell GORG. Mine sits on my desk and gets lit in times of stress....is it bad that I have gone through two since Christmas LOL
Love you
C
xx

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day! It sounds like you had an enjoyable day!

Ris said...

Glad you had a great Mother's Day! Would love to see a pic of the new haircut! How sweet that your son ate the chocolate. lol Makes it even better!