Wednesday 20 February 2008

Holiday time

Well as it is half term this week, the children and I thought we would go on a little adventure. Off we set in the car to go to our good friends in Norfolk. I hadn't been on a long journey like that by myself with them all but without Hubby so was wondering just how it would go...........

Couldn't find our map before we started but knew the way so thought I'd wing it. Luckily caught one of my lovely neighbours on my way out and nabbed one of hers.....I tell you God really knows what he is doing as I couldn't go the way I normally go and ended up doing the most massive detour through many country lanes and B roads which without the map would have had me turning round and coming home before we had even started. The day for driving was perfect though, cold but lovely and sunny and Bubbs and I really enjoyed looking at all the villages as we drove through them behind tractors! Girlies only slept for about and hour of the 3 hour journey so there was rather alot of crying going on but lots of singing and 'hard rock' as Bubbs calls it.

Once there we had a fab time the children all played brilliantly together and it was so nice to see my friend and her family, they used to live close by so I do miss them. They have given us somewhere great to go and visit though. We even got to go to the zoo yesterday. As we were driving there the fog was getting thicker and thicker and on arrival C and I really did wonder whether we would be able to actually see any animals but couldn't face another day in the house so carried on. As luck would have it we saw lots and the girlies had a great run/fall around, it was rather like herding cats though and the pix show that they really don't stick together and always go in opposite directions. The zoo was amazing and had a really lovely feel to it, even if it was 4 degrees and foggy. Can't wait to go back in the nicer weather.

Still have not had much sleep though as on the first night, Moodle was awake from 1am till 3am and then Jim Jam woke at 330am till 5am....nice! Last night Bubbs was awake with a sore ear again from 130am for about half an hour then just as I got back into bed Jim Jam woke again but she at least slept on and off till morning. Oh the joys of motherhood!


Bubbs now has ear drops and that was great fun trying to do those this evening. Literally screaming for me to 'get away' from him. Poor little thing but it has to be done, they just don't realise how hard it is for us do they!!

3 comments:

Living the Dream said...

Oh my girlies, how cute they look running around like that. So pleased you had a good time though sad that they were unwell. Poor C I bet she wondered what on earth was happening. Does she still think they are whingy babies?
Love you all to bits

Moommin
xxx

Vixbil said...

Not so much now as they were pretty good during the day.
xx

Ris said...

Oh my, they look SO cute in their little hats running around! The whole trip sounds like so much fun.