Sunday 17 February 2008

Lovely weekend


What a lovely weekend. Friday started amazingly well as Bubbs went to nursery in the morning then straight to a party so I could stay at home until 3pm with just the girlies who slept from 1130am till 2pm. Wow, how relaxing and do you know what I did after the obligatory housework and laundry. I spent it on the computer looking at other blogs, sad I know but I was so excited. I found such lovely family sites and even one on WW which is just so funny as I am doing it too. I have bookmarked some of them and some of you have even left comments. Yippee, it's not just my mum and sister that write to me now. Anyone would think I didn't have any friends at all outside of this blogging world. This photo here is of Hubby and Bubbs cleaning the bike after a fab but cold ride on saturday morning, we love it because it looks like he is going really really fast.....


Friday evening just got better, I had been ogling the Krispy Kreme donuts my sister had posted pix of on her site and she decided to come for a visit with K bringing some of the yummy things with her. Such a lovely spontaneous thing and excellent for us as we treated ourselves to an Indian from our favourite restaurant and had donuts for pudding...well actually we ate them when they arrived and saved one for Bubbs to have in the morning.


Did loads on saturday, had the laziest morning we have had in a long time all just hanging out playing. K took some fantastic video of the kids which I have just viewed and it is brilliant. He is so talented our website is just amazing and we are very lucky to have him want to do such a lovely thing for our family. Bubbs had another party to go to, but first he went into town with Hubby and K. Bubbs loves the library and could spend ages in there usually but this was taken over by the fact the daddy was going to buy him a poster for his room, he picked a cars movie one which has all the characters on it and he is very excited about it. Whilst they were out and girlies were in bed sis and I tackled my home hair dye job.....Not bad I don't think and so much cheaper than going to the salon, and it must look ok because absolutely no one commented on it at all!! Dropped Bubbs off at his party which seemed fine but apparently he wasn't that happy for quite a while and when he got home he told me I had left to early and that he was sad and wanted me and please could I not leave him at any parties again. Bless, talk about making you feel guilty, but I think I may not leave him again as he obviously isn't ready.


Hubby and I went to see Atonement in the evening at church, kind of watch a movie and discuss thing. Well the movie was a touching story but for those who haven't seen it there is one scene in the library which is rather hard to watch in church and it also features the worst word ever which is such an integral part of the whole story so could not be dubbed with anything else but did make me squirm rather.


Today was another amazing day, went to a very goods friends sons baptism today, which was really beautiful. It wasn't held at our church but at her mother and father in laws and they were both taking part in the service which made it all the more lovely. The children were wonderfully behaved at the party afterwards and a good day was had by all.


Sorry this has gone on for so long but there is just so much to say even if it is rather mundane.

3 comments:

Vicky T said...

I dont know - the normality of weekends are very special and taken for granted I think! Cant wait to see the hair!.

Wiliam will be fine next time - dont let it put you off - stay a bit longer and check with him that its alright to leave him.

Lol Vic x

Living the Dream said...

what a lovely weekend you all had. I have seen the video as well and it brought a lump to my throat!! Poor Nannie. Pleased you have found some other sites, especially family ones. It's great this blogging isn't it??
Love you loads. Hug all my babies for me.
Love Moomin
xxxxxxx

Ris said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! I really enjoy hearing what fun things that others are up to right now! (I am not up to getting out right now...so living vicariously until I have my little one!) ;-)