Monday 24 March 2008

Easter Family Fun!

Oh my goodness, I have had such a lovely weekend. After a lovely day on Saturday, my lil sis and hubby came for a visit and as Bubbs puts it..had a sleepover! He wanted to know if they were going to have a long long long one but it was only one night, bless. He absolutely loves having them stay over and lil sis adores him and the girlies. Had a wonderful Easter service in the morning and we even had a smattering of snow so it felt more like Christmas walking to church, it pretty much continued on and off all day. Sis and hubby arrived shortly after we got back bearing Nans Lemon Cake (yummy) and a joint of pork for our dinner. Bless her, she is so good to us. Spent the afternoon hanging out and playing with the kids which as nice, K took loads of video so hopefully the in laws will have lots to download from the website. Had a delicious Easter roast, the children ate loads as did we and luckily Jim Jam slept through the night, although this time Moodle woke at 530am which was a downer as we went to bed rather late.
In the evening I discovered Guitar Hero in earnest!! Sis, K, hubby and I played it from about 8pm till 1130pm and wow it is so much fun and rather addictive like I thought it would be, luckily it has gone back now and we have hopefully sold our PS2 so I won't be able to play it again. Really good fun though if anyone ever thought about buying it but wasn't sure.
Today I got some more me time, so spoilt I have been. It was still holiday, so K and hubby looked after the children for a couple of hours whilst sis and I went into town. She treated me to lunch which was lovely and it was so nice spending time mooching around the shops and spending time with her without the children. Decided also that I am going to go visit them on the weekend when Hubby goes to the Christian Men's Convention at the Albert Hall on Saturday. Rounded off a fab holiday weekend going to a friends for the kids tea, such a lovely way to end it. The children were all adorable and it was great to catch up with them too.
Happy Easter to all of you, and good luck going back to the grindstone whatever it is that you do.

4 comments:

Living the Dream said...

What a lovely weekend, certainly better than ours, working on the room. Still, it was good, even though very different without our family. Love you guys and hope to see you soon.
Moomin

Steph said...

We have a Wii on layaway for next Christmas (the only way we could afford it) and will definitely be getting Guitar Hero for it! I haven't played yet, I'm afraid I will be addicted.
Happy Easter!
xo

Ris said...

how fun! Sounds like a well balanced weekend- with kiddos but also some adult time. perfect! hope you have a fantastic week!

Melissa said...

okay just saw your guitar hero picture! ha ha ah! I love it! My husband is waaaaay into that too!....okay I should tell the whole truth! WE are totally into it. I can't believe it, but I totally love it :)